Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #21 
MrHurricane

would it be better to maybe move a betta thats sick to a new holding tank?just to ensure his health and keep a close eye?that way spending more time cleaning out the tank and acc?
MrHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #22 
Philip The Fish

im reading the reviews on it and so far bettafix seems to have saved many betta lives. but now im nervous to use it!

haha poor thing isnt going to have any plants cause i have to cut his plant out. Its intertwined with the lid of his bowl. I cant wait to get him a larger tank. 1 gallon seems to small for him. But i guess from what i hear that 1 gallon is a good quarentine size? heh
Philip The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would try the Jungle Fungus Clear or Jungle Fungus Eliminator.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #24 
Philip The Fish

ugh no one around here sells the jungle fungus stuff =/ i called like ever aquarium store in the area and they have no idea what im talking about....

my next question is how long does it take water to dechlorinate? i have the bowl buddies that have worked very well for my fish, but im not sure if i should put a bowl buddie, then meds in all at once??
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

Most dechlorinators work instantly. There is another brand of fungus med that someone else recommended but I can't remember the name.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #26 
fishyinpa

what pet stores do you have phillip? Petsmart or petco should have some kind of fungus medicine. I think even walmart has some fish medicine.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #27 
Philip The Fish

i've got both petsmart and petco. i'll look around petsmart after work for something else. I wish i could do now! For the time being i guess clean water and rocks will have to do. it looks like Petsmart has the anti-parasite fish food. Maybe i'll pick some of that up after work...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #28 
Vikki81207

So basically, finrot is worse for my boys. Fins are starting to come off more, but very slowly. So just aquarium salt isn't working.
the only thing I can get around here is Melafix. Anyone know somewhere other than walmart that sells finrot stuff? I need to go get it very soon.
And when I use it, do I take everything out of their water?
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #29 
AngelicScars

I would quarantine the fish to medicate them if you don't want to fully clean their tank afterwards.
You should be able to find things like Bettafix and the like at any pet store. I don't really know about any other places.
I personally like Jungle Fungus Eliminator. I've only found it online, but it something nice to have around on occasions like this.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #30 
crowntail lover

I would try to find the JFE!!! PetSmart have it, because I picked some up yesturday!
And all dechlorinators remove the chlorine instantly...But dont put your fish in there until it has set for about 5 min
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote