Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #1 
Zenbetta

My new Bettas home.

Hello everyone. I have not posted here in quite a while. I recently got a new betta because I got a coupon from petco to get 25% off any fish. So I got a lovely dragon scale delta betta. I just fixed up his new home yesterday. It is a 1 gallon bowl with a Anubias plant on a rock and a artificial branch with java fern attached to it and also has large stones at the bottom. Aquarius is in love! He is so happy swimming around and exploring. I attached a picture of his new home.
Attached Images

Zenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #2 
jona31

wow looks nice
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #3 
Flynn

looks like a nice little home for him...for the time being. will you be upgrading in size?
Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #4 
Hallyx
Reference Team

A 1g is OK as long as you change water every other day or so. A tank of 2.5g and up will be easier for you to heat and maintain. It's better for your fish, especially if you cycle it.

Large rocks and marbles allow food and waste to get down in there where it's hard to get out. Sand or gravel (or nothing) is easier to clean.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #5 
Twixies

Cycling isn't necessary, but it would be nice, and it would be hard to cycle a 2.5 gal since it's so small, but I do agree with getting a slightly bigger tank, especially one that's not round, since it bends the light too much and it's not normal to see things like that. And yes, definitely get a heater!!!! Bettas are tropical fish, they like to be at a temperature of around 78-82 degrees, a small bowl is kind of hard to heat, but other than that, your tank looks really nice, lots of hiding places.
Twixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #6 
gbose

Very nice bowl -- could use it for shrimps.

Suggest you move your betta to a tank. And yes, you should get a heater before the winter; it gets cold, even in NC. And yes, do get a filter.
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #7 
Jarick

Very pretty bowl! A 1 gallon is perfectly acceptable as long as his water is changed on time. Which, I assume, you know :) I do suggest a heater of some sort, though.

As a matter of opinion, gorgeous set up and possibly get a heater. :D
Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #8 
sarah13

I had a 1gal for a week and felt bad my boy was happy but I wasn't so I found my old 5gal from my 1st betta Bubblez (RIP) and all he does is swim and mess around I'm happy with it now.
Attached Images

sarah13 is offline   Reply With Quote