Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #1 
tmz

Halfmoon Bettas at Petco

yeah. there were a bunch of them int heir tiny plastic containers. halfmoon bettas at petco. i felt bad for them and i wanted to buy them all. cos they're so pretty and majestic and they were all in the grossest water everrrrr. but yeah, i just thought that was kinda interesting. i think there was a couple delta tails there too.
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #2 
Kim

That is what happens to me every time that I go in a fish store :( . I even went so far as to think that I could set up my extra 5.5 gallon as a rescue betta tank. The only problem is, well $ for starters, and good homes for them. When I told my mom this, she said no one would pay an adoption fee (to cover their expenses) for a rescue betta . Oh, I forgot to mention that I was not intending to buy them (I will not promote the cruel treatment of bettas) but rather demand the dying ones for free! Well, maybe someday I will have the money and space to rescue them all.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #3 
tmz

i considered that today.
but i hav no money as well. nor do i have any space for them. except i wouldnt give them away, i'd keep them all and have a betta room.

this one place i went to called pet word, a small not chain store, had the most beautiful bettas for sale. they were in their own little bowls and they were all healthy and they had bubble nests started. soo mnay different kinds too. there were deltas and halfmoons and plakats and double tails. all under ten bucks. i was sad cos i couldnt get one of the plakats, but i was also kinda happy that they were all taken care of and not left to die in their own poo.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #4 
Kim

Does anyone think that anyone would actually get a rescue betta?? Just a crazy idea that I had. I am guessing that mose people would just think it is a scam and not believe it, either that or they would think that I am a wacko and not want to go anywhere near me! It just makes me so sad whan I see bettas that are dying in little plastic cups. Especially if I know that I can help them.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #5 
Flashygrrl

There's a bigger betta forum out there that has it's own section offering rescue bettas, and it seems like they do actually find homes for them. Very interesting but it's time-consuming.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #6 
tmz

wow
yay betta rescue site! thats aweome that that actually exists.

do you have a link to it? XD
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #7 
JMeenen

Flashygirl ..do you know that Rescue Betta website?
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #8 
tmz

oh wow. i forgot all about that site. i'm gonna go google betta rescue right nwo and see what comes up
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #9 
Flashygrrl

well, it's just a betta forum that has a lot of focus on rescuing..I'll PM it cuz I have a feeling I really shouldn't post it here :)
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #10 
Tyyrlym

Are they buying the bettas? If you're paying for them in poor condition the only thing you're doing is saving the betta in front of you and encouraging them to do it to another one.
Tyyrlym is offline   Reply With Quote