Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #1 
blu1

38 gallon for a betta and friends

Hello everyone! I recently recieved a 38 gallon tank and need help with it. This is my first tank and I think it's quite large for a first time tank user. Please help me with you suggestions and opinions, I would really appreciate all the help I could get from all of you!

I currently have 3 vieltail bettas, of course they're all in different bowls. I'd like to put one of them in my new tank. So along with one of my betta, what other types of fish can I put with him and how many of them? Remember it's a 38gallon tank.

Every post is very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
blu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #2 
Red Betta

I've heard that you need at least 50 gallon tank if your going to put two males together, although i dont know if it's true. Otherwise just research and figure out what fish a good with a betta, at one pet store where i live they have bettas in with a bunch of different fish so you know which ones are compatible, anyway just do a bunch of research.
Red Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #3 
AngelicScars

With that large of a tank, there are probably several you can put in with the Betta and it be okay. As was said before, do some research. I think your best bet is to make sure you have plenty of plants and hiding places for all the fish. This can make sure no one stresses out too much.
Good luck!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #4 
fishboy95

My betta rooms with a Chinese Algae-eater. They get along great and the algae eater is a very hard worker. Im not sure how many you can have but the one I have is only like an inch long so he wont take up too much space
fishboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote