Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #1 
fishyinpa

Question Storage container for a tank

So I was wondering if you could use a storage container as tank. Like a q-tank almost. As I dunno if Elvis will always have sbd issues,so i was thinking of putting him in a smaller (not as tall) tank. They dont really make fish tanks like that lol,so i found this perfect size storage tub. It would be like 3.75 gallons. Course Id have to leave a lil bit out for air. Would i need to poke holes in the lid or no? I have no idea...anyone??
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #2 
Twistersmom

Should be fine to use. I would poke some holes in the lid.
Twistersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #3 
fishyinpa

Cool,thanks. Now to poke holes without cracking the lid...i did that before when trying to make a tub cage for my hamster....lol
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #4 
fishyinpa

Well i cant seem to poke a hole in it lol. Im afraid of cracking it anyways. So I am gonna go look for a reptile tank. Pretty cheap I think....I just lowered his water to see how he does,and hes alot happier now. So definetly a shorter tank.