Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #11 
fishyinpa

Um Id do it now. Else you could have a dead fish by morning. Not to be mean.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #12 
ifish

thats not rude but im also studying for exams ill clean his tank tommrow. and if its swim bladder how do i fix it because i dnt have a mirror
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #13 
ifish

i could? but my mom wont let me clean it ths late or elise i would i make to much noise and everybody is asleap and my dad has a feaver lets all pray for hydro
Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #14 
fishyinpa

Yeah i know the feeling,i have work in the morning but i still get it done. Its a small tank,and wont take long at all. Praying not needed,water change is needed. sorry.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #15 
ifish

do you think he will live the nightr intill morning ill clean it first thing. what can i do im not allowed to cleanm it wat shjould i do
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #16 
fishyinpa

Maybe..if you do it right away..dont feed him tonite...dont want to create more ammonia for him. Id do a 100% on his tank,just to be on the safe side,if you want to wait till morning. Im not sure of your routine,but in a tank that small you should be changing several times a week,at least one full change a week as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #17 
AngelicScars

If it's just SBD, then fasting for a few days and feeding him some daphnia will help. I've also read on the Jungle Fungus Eliminator that it helps SBD to, so adding that could help.
I'm sorry you aren't allowed to change the water. Do you have the cup he came in? At the very least to get him out of the water you could fill that cup with room temp water and add conditioner then put him in it. Then you can clean the tank in the morning and put him back in. I don't know if that is the best idea or if anyone would suggest you do it, it's just all I can think of to keep him in clean water for now.
Good luck!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #18 
ifish

his water is clean i cleaned it 2 days ago but i feed him every 2 days so i would feed him tommrow but i dont think i will now should i out him in a 1/2 gallon now? that might stress him out but i think hes fine just swimming at the top
Old 06-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe you could do a partial change. Just get a clean cup or the cup he came in and scoop half of the water out then put clean, dechlorinated water back in. That way you wouldn't disturb anyone.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #20 
ifish

cup he cam in? my fish cam in a bag they gave him to me in a bag with a hour to get home but i have a 1/2 a gallon i origonally had i can fill that up with warm water and dechlorinat it that im allowed to do and in the morning clean the 2.5 gallon

would that be ok but i dont wanna stress the fish