Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #1 
Sabina88

Sabina88's Journal

Ive wanted to make a journal for awhile now but I guess I never got around to it. But now's a good a time as any :)

I guess ill start by writing about how I got into bettas. My first betta was a blue VT who never got a name and lived in a 1 gallon bowl (I think) with just gravel and a fake plant. My mom did all the cleaning, he passed on thanksgiving day , I think he would of deffinitly lived longer if I new better but me being in elementary school, both me and my mom thought that they could live in bowls. I never got another fish after that until I got into fish keeping thanks to my Bio teacher sophomore year last year. We were doing a aquaponics project and she gave us each feeder goldfish. I named mine Kananie. He and a lot of others lived in soda bottles. Luckilly I know better and he lives in a 50 gallon with his best shubunkin goldfish friend Rivin and 4 rosy red minnows.
I guess now ill show you my bettas :) In the time ive gotton back into bettas ive lost 3 due to my own fault as I didn't know what they really needed, and currently have 13, 10 girls in a sorority and 3 male one of which is a baby betta.

This is Spartan who passed for unknown reasons, sparrow who contracted a really hard hitting case of ich from my 40 gallon (I have since dumbed and cleaned it) and Mars who passed im pretty sure due to the fact that the heaters I use let the tanks temp drop very late at night and I didn't relise'
Name:  3 bettas.png
Views: 240
Size:  303.8 KB

This is Hale, ive had him for about 2 months and hes my favorite, theres just something about him
Name:  Hale 10.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  40.1 KB

This is my baby betta who I got a week after Hale, he has grown so much since I got him two months ago
Name:  Baby Betta 11.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  33.7 KB

This is Adamantium who ive had for 4 weeks. When I got him he had SBD and after the first week I was getting a little frusterated that he wasn't getting any better and seemed to be getting worse. He is much better now on 4 pellets every other day, even though its not hard for him to get some sort of buoyancy issue. But now he loves to shove himself on or in any plant he can find and likes to visit me every once and awhile.
Name:  Adamantium 8.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  34.2 KB

And then I have my sorority girls, I got the first 6 the same day, then Kasai and Rogue on a separate day, and Eft and Wyvern on another day. (sorry, some of these are the most recent photos of them)

Tauriel
Name:  Betta Photoshot-6-Tauriel.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  28.6 KB

Arwen (I haven't taken any updated pics of her marbeling, right now shes mostly purplish iridescence with some color on her tail)
Name:  Arwen 3.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  22.7 KB

K
Name:  K 5.jpg
Size:  27.6 KB

Bo
Name:  Betta Photoshot-5-Bo.jpg
Size:  28.8 KB

Kenzie
Name:  Betta Photoshot -1-Kenzie.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  29.7 KB

Tamsin
Name:  Tamsin 3.jpg
Size:  31.3 KB

Rogue
Name:  Rogue 2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  22.7 KB

Kasai
Name:  Kasai.jpg
Size:  23.5 KB

Eft
Name:  Eft 3.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  30.4 KB

Wyvern
Name:  Wyvern 2.jpg
Size:  32.6 KB
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #2 
Rosebud975

OMG, your bettas are adorable! Especially love the baby, he looks like my little guy!!!
Rosebud975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 AM   #3 
Sabina88

Aww thanks. :)
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #4 
Sabina88

Out of bordom of finishing a test i felt like posting.
I think for this one ill just tell you about my plans for baby betta and Adamantuim.

For awhile now my mom has wanted there tanks off the kitchen counter so i finally convinced my parents to let me keep them in my room following that discussion i had to convince my mom a 10 gallon would be esier to care for up stairs. So now all have to do is clean my room, do some rearanging and set up the tank. My plan is to split it into 3 sections one for baby betta and one for adamantium. The third section i was going ask to order my first fish (a mustard gas) for my birthday as my only present, but ive been thinking about it and im not yet if thats what i want to do. Even though MG's are my favorite.
Anyways ill hopefully remember to add updates as things get set up. Also sorry about my typing i wrote this on my phone.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #5 
JDragon

Oh I love me some MGs! Hahaha. Glad they're getting upgraded. How do you plan to divide?
JDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #6 
Sabina88

I think im going to go with simple mesh dividers. That way i need only one heater and one filter
Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #7 
Rosebud975

Awesome, how did you get the little baby? Was he bred or did you buy him?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #8 
Sabina88

Hes from Petco :)
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #9 
Rosebud975

Awwwww... Arn't babies just the cutest? I'm in love with the others too, absolutely stunning colours, all look very pretty and healthy!
Old 04-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #10 
MameJenny

Love the girls! You're making me want a sorority.
MameJenny is offline   Reply With Quote