Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #111 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That's such a shame about that boy. He was absolutely beautiful. At least the breeder is being good about it. I'm glad to heart he others made it, at least!

Was it The transhippers fault again?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #112 
logisticsguy

It wouldn't be fair for me to blame transhipper completely. I would however do things differently myself. I would like to see bigger bags with more water in them. Also it wouldn't hurt to add a heat pack imo. It was warm in TO but as you know cool here in Alberta.

The Cookie Monster. Holy Cow has this girl grown. When I moved her to a new tank I realized she has almost doubled in size and is just as big as Moose was! What an appetite on this fish just incredible and she just grows without becoming eggy. if I told you how much I feed her you may think Im crazy , cruel of full of balony. Lambchop is a little smaller and is getting a small belly of eggs. Bullwinkle is about same size as Moose was when we got him but he is still very young and has lots of growing up to do. He wouldn't eat pellets until he saw Lambchop eat them. Monkey see monkey do. Conditioning them is kinda fun to watch because of their excitement level its quite the show. Still upset about the HM EE Giant boy but it helps to know his brother is on the way and have struck a deal with breeder for 2 more giant boys. Stocking up on breeders and setting up for multi spawn.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #113 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm excited. Would they be ready to go in early January?

I was even excited for that giant boy, but with a brother all the genes are there and I'm sure he looks great too. You'll have to post pics of the new ones!
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #114 
Hallyx
Reference Team

That's a good-looking giant.... not all chunky and bulked up like a lot of them. Best of luck with your spawns. I'm following this thread closely.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #115 
Quinn

So sorry about the EE boy :( He was such a stunner. I hope his brother arrives safely and is just as handsome! Man you're making me want a giant!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #116 
beautiful Betta

sorry you lost your boy, and the other new boy.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #117 
ashleylyn

I just went through this entire journal lol, I adore giants. I wish you were in the US, I would be interested in buying some females from a future spawn. Best of luck with your new boy, he is a looker. Shame about that DOA, what a beauty he was!
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #118 
logisticsguy

@Matt yes the goal is to have giant fry available early to mid January with 1 spawn per month for the year. Ive seen some pics of the HM EE giant brothers and they all look very nice. That giant breeder has some amazing genetics so it will be nice to work with the dna lol.

@Hallyx Thank you. Yes many giants have a real funny look to them and often lack good color or finnage. Ive seen a real jump in the quality of some giant breeders in the last year.

@Quinn yeah that was a terrible fish to lose. The best looking giant HM EE ive seen. Heartbreaking. I think the new brothers will be pretty good and hope no problems this happen time. maybe I will have a young giant you like early next year.

@beautiful betta Yes it has been a very frustrating hobby lately.

I had a female in my 30 girl sorority die today. no idea why. We havnt had a sorority girl die in months so a bit worrisome. Lots of chasing and scrapping since the death in a usually super peaceful group. Not good.

Cookies growth rate is almost scary. What a spurt. now I wonder how big a male will have to be to even wrap her up. She is only 5.5 months old and should grow for another 6 months or so. The boy will have a challenge. at the very least. Her appetite and metabolism is incredible and far greater than any of the other giants ive had before. I will try to get some pics so you can compare her with my normal size betta of the exact same age.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:43 AM   #119 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleylyn View Post
I just went through this entire journal lol, I adore giants. I wish you were in the US, I would be interested in buying some females from a future spawn. Best of luck with your new boy, he is a looker. Shame about that DOA, what a beauty he was!
Thanks for reading the journal ashleylyn Hoping for some good luck with this project. There have been lots of ups and downs already.

The doa breeder has sent me pics of the HM EE brothers. Its crazy late so I will post pics of the boys tomorrow.

So agreed to the replacement and also bought 2 of the other HM brothers because Im an addict and cant help myself.

Last edited by logisticsguy; 10-04-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #120 
beautiful Betta

just a question, I am curious do you know if the giants live longer, or less as it is with dogs.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote