Betta Fish Forum banner

First Betta, and his new home

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, so my tank finally finished cycling last week. Went and picked up my new and first betta. He's a male Crown Tail named "Tails" by my GF.

He seems to be happy in is home, it's 2.5 gallon with some plants and rocks. Going to pick up a terracotta pot for him tonight. A filter and heater are on the way. Heater wont be needed for a few months, even at night his tank stays at 80. :)

For now till his filter arrives, I'm doing 50% water changes daily to keep it clean. He's also come to recognize me already and stays on which ever side of the tank I'm on. Here he is:

---------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

It's hard to tell, but his fins go from a shiny blue, to the red you see. As you can tell, he likes being in the camera.

I have one question tho, I plan on doing DIY co2, since bettas are labyrinth fish, are they affected by CO2 poisoning? Thanks

And thanks for lookin! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks bigger than a 2.5 gallon to me but hey I didn't buy it so you would know that. Either way he lookks happy and pretty :)

#10 ·
lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.