Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #61 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
For the record, I am talking about keeping the fish within its preferred temperature range. I don't consider that to be "cold", but what one considers cold is relative I suppose.

Most of the people that ive seen posting with digestive issues are feeding their fish an unhealthy diet.
what temp do you keep your bettas water at?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #62 
FirstBetta

Yes, you or rather your betta needs a heater, LOL.

Please, for your betta get a 2.5 gal or bigger tank w/ a filter (sponge) and a heater (adjustable).

Your betta should be kept at 78 to 80 degrees F. what ever that is in C.

BTW I forgot my manners, WELCOME to the betta forum.

Last edited by FirstBetta; 08-18-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Correction
FirstBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #63 
jaysee
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
what temp do you keep your bettas water at?
Temperatures of all my tanks range from 73 to 80 from winter to summer.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #64 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
Temperatures of all my tanks range from 73 to 80 from winter to summer.
Oh...well that's just fine :). Sorry I misjudged...
Old 08-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #65 
Npinja

All you have to do is pretty much get a 2.5 gallon tank completed with a heater and a filter. Minimum requirements.
Npinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #66 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npinja View Post
All you have to do is pretty much get a 2.5 gallon tank completed with a heater and a filter. Minimum requirements.
+1

(and a hiding spot)
Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #67 
BETTACHKALOVE

I think it just matter of the experience. I have 8 bettas. During the summer all my heaters out , the temp fluctuation from 72-80 between night and day but seems never affect any of my bettas ages from 2-3.5 . Yes i do have 4 bettas that live in 72* and never had a problem. And yes i do have 2 bettas live in the office that i am working and the temperature is 70* when office is closed which is 2 days a week during the winter time. Yes i was scared to death they will die , but they surprisingly live healthy for 2 years already. And it nothing i can do , it not my office and i was happy they let me rescued them and keep them there. So if not the office bettas i would also think that betta would get sick in 70* but they didn't.
I am not arguing and i am not saying that everyone has to keep 70* i just telling you about my experience, that i couldn't change anyway .
For Cabob i have one suggestion. But 2.5 gall tank. I think its a perfect size. But a heater , canada has very cold weather during the winter . Always test the heater first for 24-48 hrs before you put it in the betta tank to insure it not defective and leaching any fluids, and can keep stable temperature. You can test it in the clean .

And also 2.5 gall tank you really don't need to have a filter. You don't have to cycle 2.5 gall tanks. It very easy cycle to crashed and harm your betta. You can successful just do 2-50% and 1-100% water changes a week. But you need to acclimate the betta when you do full water changes.

Do you need instruction how to acclimate the betta?

And 76* is the perfect temperature for the betta. You don't need to make it warmer. The warmer is the temperature -more chance of the infection.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote