Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #1 
mullinsd2

spoch is shedding..

The last water change I did I realized that my Betta, Spoch, is shedding some! I keep him in a 5 gallon eclipse tank al to him self, and the filtration is really nice on it. I have 3 live plants in there with him as well. I use Top Fin betta water conditioner, even though we have well water that is very low on chemicals. I feed him freeze dried blood worms along with Betta bits, and he shoots to the top of the tank still like nothing is wrong.Should I just stop using the conditioner? The only reason I do is because it says it enhances the coat of the fish..... His color is still beautiful but looks slightly faded around the front of his head from the shedding. What do i do? I forgot to mention that i do weekly water changes. about 10 to 15 percent of the water
mullinsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #2 
mullinsd2

i did some research and it seems like some other ppl had the same problem, but none of them posted their way of curing it...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #3 
dr2b

It sounds like an infection of some sort (parasite or fungal). It'd help if you got some pictures of him up. I'm not the best with names of stuff to treat with (b/c I've never had to treat mine before)...so someone else will have to help you there. But I'd keep the water clean for him and treating him for an infection.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #4 
mullinsd2

Any reccomendations on med? I can post a pic but the camera I have is way to slow to keep up if hes moving, not to mention it does not take very good pics.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #5 
Luchi

There are some meds that cure a spectrum of problems for various fungus or parasites. I think Jungle has a decent one that many people on the site recommend! Clean water and aquarium salt help sometimes too!
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #6 
mullinsd2

Would a little bit of ich cure possibly help?