Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #1 
ZombieFish

Greetings from ZombieFish

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. I stumbled onto your great site during my research on betta care and I've read through many pages of threads so far to get used to the culture around here So I figured, why not become a member?

I'm a brand-new betta owner, as of last weekend, and like all of you, just want to make sure that he's happy and healthy. I know I have lots to learn from your experience.

I had been thinking about getting into fish for a few months now and it seemed that responsibly looking after a smaller setup first would be the smartest idea for me. I came into possession of a free 1.5g aquarium and it was like a sign that this was the right time. I've always thought bettas were beautiful and knew that it would be a good choice for a single occupant in this environment. I was looking for a slightly unique colour pattern, different than the more common dark blues and reds that seemed to be the majority of the fish selection. I hoped to find a male with lighter colours than usual and I stumbled upon ZombieFish. I called him that because I'm a big fan of the zombie genre and his pattern looked like some multicoloured zombie skin complexion ... in a good way LOL. He was one of the most active bettas I saw and was zipping around his tiny plastic bag, surrounded by other tiny bags, floating in a larger tank at the pet store. That's when I was struck by how soft his hues were. I figured that an active fish is probably a healthy fish and it was almost like he knew he could make an escape with me, if he could just get my attention hahaha.

After only a few days, I can see he's got a great personality so far. He flares on rare occassions but is still an energetic little bugger and likes to check out each plant and crevice in his home before settling down for a brief rest every once in awhile. And his colours got much brighter almost immediately after settling in to his new place which was a nice surprise.

I've included a few pics that I took last night. He definitely doesn't mind posing for photos ... probably because he thought I was bringing him food LOL.

Can anyone tell me how they would classify his colours? He's definitely iridescent and that's part of the challenge/fun ;) Sometimes the darker parts appear orange or even red in the right light. I love the light blue along his tail and fins and how it flows into those light greens. I'm definitely enjoying him. Thanks for your time ... and now, ZombieFish. *cue theme music to the tune of The Simpsons' "Spider Pig" song *

Rob

ZombieFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #2 
jonnylaw37

Wow! That's one beautiful fish!
jonnylaw37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #3 
dr2b

He is gorgeous!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #4 
Vikki81207

Wow, he is beautiful. I love his colors.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #5 
TianTian

Welcome to the forum! :D

Question: Have you seen Shaun of the Dead? Epic film.

Also, really gorgeous veil-tail! I'd say he might be a tri-color, but it's a little hard to tell. Still, handsome! :)
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #6 
Luchi

Wow! He's really beautiful. He looks like a sequin!
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #7 
ZombieFish

Hey there folks and thanks for the replies so far. I was hoping you'd like ZombieFish almost as much as I do ;)

And yes, TianTian, I agree that "Shaun of the Dead" was awesome! It had everything, comedy, horror, AND a love story too LOL.
ZombieFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #8 
AngelicScars

He is a lovely fish! We are zombie fans over here (more so my hubby then me). I'd have to say I didn't care for Shaun of the Dead, BUT give me George A. Romero any day! :)
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #9 
TianTian

Zombie, you get a highfive. :D
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #10 
Ariel1719

cute! love the name =D
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote