Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #1 
BettaSquirt

Red face Probably saved his life :)

My neighbors were having a barbeque, and invited my mom dad and me and my friend to go over and eat. So me and my friend (maddy) went over, and then when we got into the kitchen we were like OMG they have a betta fish! So of course we go over it him and .... ew. He was swimming in litterally BROWN water, full of poop and uneaten food. So we asked the owner if we can clean the tank for her, and she said yes and gave us everything we needed. The fish was in a vase, and there was no way i could get him out without pouring him, but first we had to take out some rocks, or else they would squish him when we pour him out. So the net wouldnt fit in there cause it was too big... So unfortuantly i had to stick my hand in there, take out the poop covered rocks and put it in the strainer. IT WAS DISGUSTING. Then after i took out all the rocks, we poured him into a bowl while we cleaned the vase, and ripped off the rotting parts of the plant, and put the rocks in and the plant and the water, then the fish. He looked happy :) So me and maddy probably saved his life. He could of gotten sick and died from swimming in there. Obviously if he got sick, the people wouldnt notice, 1. they have to research bettas before you get one about the sicknesses and stuff. and 2. they couldnt see it because it was swimming in poopy brown water. :( But now its all clean. and the next time i go over ill do it again, and again! :) Putting my hand in that discusting vase, was all worth it :)
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

You did a very nice thing. WAY TO GO!! I'm sure that betta is a lot happier. Maybe they'll end up letting you have him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #3 
BettaSquirt

Haha, i wish! I dont have any room for him :l well i have a tank, but no decorations. But if hes in need of me taking care of them and their still abusing him, then ill put him in the 1/2 gallon squirt used to be in a long time ago. And i'll put him somewhere. :) Hes a big crowntail thats like blue and red and stuff, (my neighbors fish)
Old 06-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think a half gallon with regular water changes and being fed regularly is better than lets say a 10 gallon with no water changes and not being fed right.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #5 
BettaSquirt

Exactly. Its better than nothing! :)
Old 06-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #6 
LaniBaby

poor little dude. maybe you should make weekly visits and ask if you can check on him. maybe they'll get the idea. maybe even bring them some photos of your own tanks?
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #7 
Luchi

Wow, what a nice thing to do!!! I'm sure you felt horribly for him. Good Job!
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #8 
BettaSquirt

:) Then they'll think im a stalker. Just whenever we go there for barbeques and stuff.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Just let them know that you like bettas and that you have a couple of your own and you want to see how he's doing.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #10 
BettaSquirt

Good idea. Ill go like next saturday. Cause last saturday i was over. So i'll try and go over as much as i can... (haha they'll think im weird!!!)