Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #1 
TaraHanon

Question Filter Advice?

I know they aren't necessary, but I bought an Elite Filter for my Betta today, got it all set up and put it in my tank (3 gallon) and it floats Its supposed to sit on the bottom of the tank but it won't stay there. I have tried to move the rocks around and make a little 'nest' for it but to no avail, it still floats... Any ideas on how to make it stay there? I go the filter because I work long hours all week.

Thanks for any help.
TaraHanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 AM   #2 
fishboy95

Hmm. Im not sure what you should do. Maybe the filter is made for a bigger tank and requires more water to keep it at the bottom. Maybe try covering it up with rocks or something.
Good Luck
fishboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #3 
BettaGirl 09

I have a question, I bought a 1 1/2 gallon nice little starter tank for my betta and my plescostemus. After about 3 days the water turned cloudy, even though i used fresh water and stabilizer....but my main problem is that my filter is blowig tons of bubbles all over the surface of the tank. What am I doing wrong??
BettaGirl 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #4 
TaraHanon

I have found a filter that fits my tank and it sticks to the side!!! BettaGirl, try a gang valve(?) I have one with my filter and you can adjust the amount of air that goes through it. Walmart has a 3 in one valve for less than $5.
TaraHanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #5 
AngelicScars

Plescos get way too big for such a small tank. They get up to 2 feet long. Plus, you don't need anything smaller then a 5-10 gallon before you put any tankmates in with your Betta.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #6 
BettaGirl 09

Well I bought the smallest plesco I could find. He fits just nicely for my starter tank. Once I feel more secure in raisig them, I will get a larger tank. My only concern at this point is the the so called "whisper quiet" filter is blowing bubbles everywhere? Will this harm the fish? How do I slow that down or make it stop completely?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #7 
AngelicScars

They might be small now, but they get bigger. Otos are a great algae eater that get no bigger then 1.5-2 inches max.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #8 
BettaGirl 09

Thanks for the 411 on my plecostomus. ANyone have any info on the bubble problem???
Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #9 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaGirl 09 View Post
Thanks for the 411 on my plecostomus. ANyone have any info on the bubble problem???
You might get more help if you start your own topic with your question.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #10 
BettaGirl 09

Last time I checked, I was under the correct topic for my issue. Why would I want to start an entire new topic for the same issue?? Scratches her head...