I am a first time fish owner. I've just bought a Betta fish, and am wondering if he's okay. I've been reading about betta fishes, I do not know much about them yet but I really want to make sure he's healthy and happy.
I am worried because his colors are changing, they are getting darker.
His head is darker than it was 2 days ago. And I'm also worried about fin rot.
I don't see stress lines on his sides.
He's swimming around, eating, he seems curious...
I am mostly worried about his change in color andut his fins.
But I would also like to know if the fact that he is spending a lot more time at the top of the tank than at the bottom is important or not? does it mean something ? )
- He's in a 10 gallon tank, decorated with 2 rocks and a plastic plants.
- Water temperature is about 78-80 degrees.
- There is a filter, a thermometer and a heater in case the room gets cold in winter
- He doesn't have any mates with him but I'd like to have a couple more fishes (ex. neon tetras)
- I feed him flakes once a day
- He's been in the tank for a day, but I am planning o water change once a week, at least 25% of the total volume of water
- In the water, (tap water) I added Nutrafin Betta plus
- I have never tested the water
I took pictures. Does he look healthy to you? if not, what should I do to make him better?