Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #1 
AngelicScars

Question I was thinking...

Anna has a whole 10 gallon to herself. I would like to add something to it, but she is so active I would be worried for the other fish.
So, I had an idea. I was wondering if I could divide the tank and put something on the other side. We were thinking about something other then a Betta.
I don't know if anyone else has done this, or if it is even possible. Do you think I could put a couple of mollies, platies, tetra, danios, or something along those line (or if you can suggest another fish that would work in a 5 gallon) in the other 5 gallon of a divided 10 gallon with a Betta on the other side?

Suggestions, opinions, experiences, and discussions encouraged!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #2 
fishyinpa

Hmm...probably could. Except ones that need to be in larger schools. Your girl may even get along with some of those. Worth a try i think. Maybe start out with 3 of one of those,maybe danios? see how she does. If shes okay,get some more!! I probably and not helping you much,but heh.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #3 
AngelicScars

She is such a food nut, I wouldn't be surprised if she considered them a threat to her meals. :P
Thanks for the input, any input is better then none! :D
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #4 
fishyinpa

Yeah some of my girls are like that. Roja in particular,shes crazy. So yeah maybe split it lol.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #5 
dukie1346

I would try to add something to her. Instead of dividing, what about getting some bottom-feeders? Maybe some corys or something? Depends on what you want, good luck choosing!
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #6 
fishboy95

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie1346 View Post
I would try to add something to her. Instead of dividing, what about getting some bottom-feeders? Maybe some corys or something? Depends on what you want, good luck choosing!
I agree. Bottom feeders are great. I had a Chinese Algae eater in my tank with my betta. They got along great and never had anyproblems. Chinese algae eaters will stay small in size so you dont have to worry about them outgrowing the tank. As long as they have algae to eat they will be happy.
fishboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #7 
AngelicScars

I was thinking about getting cories at first. That was until Scarlett let me know that Otos don't work with her.
I can totally see Anna being aggressive with anything I put in there with her if given the chance.
Unless you think the cories are hardier.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #8 
AngelicScars

Okay, the two things I'm thinking would work would be to either put a couple of my Otos from Gabriel's tank into Anna's too see how she reacts, OR divide it and put guppies in the other side. We have a friend that has several guppies, and he said he would give us some if we wanted.