Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #1 
Guppyluver4ever

Question Can I have a betta in my tank?

I am thinking of upgrading my 20 gallon tank to a 55 gallon tank and was wondering if i could put a betta in a 55 gallon tank along with guppies, platies, ottos, bloodfin tetras, neon tetras, mollies, pristella tetras and other small fish? So let me state the question simply: Can I have a betta with the fish listed in a 55 gallon tank?
Thank You to anyone who answers
Guppyluver4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #2 
tnicholas1970

maybe it just depends on the fish and the coloration of the tails of the other fish
dont really take my advice im not the best when it comes to other tank mates sry
tnicholas1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #3 
Ilovemyshiny

im pretty sure i can have them with other non-tail nipping fish, and nooooo other flashy fish, they are vain and want to be the prettiest. and it also depends on personality. you can try to put him in there and make sure you watch them for a while. no garantees that you wont end up with dead fish, or sick and stressed fish. but people do do it, im going to try someday when i can get the set up.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote