Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #1 
Jully

Question Betta has stressed lines on his face

Hello everyone!

So it's been maybe a year or at least 5 - 8 months now? Anyways, my little boy has gotten very aggressive lately, I done a water change and ever since that water change he's gotten very aggressive towards people, so when they walk up to his tank he'll charge at them and start swimming as fast as he can but the glass is in his way he does flare at them sometimes to, or when I turn his tank light on he starts flaring. {He was never a fan of the light anyways.}

Now when I also go up to him to feed him he has two lines on his face? Are these stress lines, is there anyway I can stop him from being stressed out?

I bought a 1-15 gallon Tetra heater for him, and once I put it in the water, plugged in it {I cannot remember if I left it in the water 15 minutes first or not.} and than two days later it stopped working ._. the light only goes on for a bit than turns off, I don't know if it's because of the outlet I'm using {The outlet sucks, it's the one with 4 plugs for the wall}

I'm planning on changing this 3 Gallon to the 5 Gallon Hawkeye tank, it has better reviews and I think he would seem happier in that tank, I want to purchase the Hawkeye tank but I wont be going to Walmart anytime soon, and If I do, it'll probably be the states.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #2 
georga3261

When you say lines do you mean a kind of thin black outline, or does it look more like he's flaring? It might just be that he's getting older, and therefore more territorial.
Upgrading tanks is always fun. Good luck in finding the one you want!
georga3261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #3 
Jully

I just got a 10 Gallon tank last night, I put him in it. He loves it, he's moving around and he doesn't flare when people come up to the tank, he's back to his old self, he's just exploring the new tank. I'm going to get drift wood from the pet store, silk plants, caves..etc Because right now he has 3 plants and a castle and purple gravel xD And a light, a heater and a filter, but I'm going to add a lot more plants.

He just has 2 grey lines on the side of his head.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #4 
Namialus

The 2 grey lines are probably stress lines. Mine had them, and he gets them occasionally, but StressCoat helps.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #5 
Jully

That's what I was thinking to, they must be stress lines because he has never had those on the side of his head, I'll add stress coat and see if it helps :P

Tags
heater, new tank maybe, stress lines