I just got my betta two days ago from Petsmart and even after reading a bunch of threads I have mixed answers on stuff so I'm a little lost on some things.
1. How much should I be feeding him? Right now I just have these generic Aqueon pellets (they were the cheapest but idk how good they are) and I feed him three to five of them twice a day. Is that too much? Also I want to get some bloodworms, daphnia, shrimp, and higher quality pellets. What brands should I go to for those?
2. I'm stuck with a fish-in cycle in his 2.5gal tank due to my ignorance on how aquariums work (at the time I got him I didn't know about cycling; now I do). There's no filter or heater (it stays warm enough here) so how often should I change the water and how much?
3. After the tank is cycled, how often do I change the water and how much at a time?
4. Does it disturb him that I don't turn my light off until around 10 or 11 at night and I don't open the curtains until around 7 or 8? Will this disturb his sleep cycle or is he fine?
5. Once winter rolls around and I need a heater, what brand should I get? I'd like something fairly cheap and small if possible.
6. I want to upgrade to a 20gal tank at some point. What brands should I look at for this?
I think that's everything... I'm sure I'll remember more questions later though.