Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #21 
tlou5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh wow, yeah he's actually got a lot of Ich on his tail as well, so we'll definitely have to keep dosing him. However, it's hard to tell about the bloating and all but I would discontinue salt just in case, I'd rather not have him go into Dropsy mode!

Okay, do you remember what that other med at the store was by chance?

Also if you live near a wal-mart, they have Jungle products. I particularly like Quick Cure which is only 1 drop per gallon; easy easy, and then Ick Clear is good too. But I think getting Quick Cure might be your best bet and the easiest on both you and your boy

Yes we have Wal Mart will get the Jungle one today- should I do full tank changes every day still or change that? Honestly never thought to look at WalMArt for fish care products :)
tlou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah still change once a day to get rid of the free-floating particles otherwise they can infect him once more.

Yeah, Wal-mart occasionally has some good stuff haha
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #23 
tlou5

Oh and no there is not poop in his tank that I can see. There was some when we changed it sort of a white string curl?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

hm okay, that could be multiple things. It's probably just from the diet change or he's expelling internal parasites, either way it's good that they are out. Keep an eye on it for the next few day's, if you continue to see those after about 3 more day's then we may have to treat him for internal parasites as well lol, but that's fairly simple
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #25 
tlou5

They did not have Jungle Quick Cure at Walmart here, only AP Quick Cure. Should I use those drops or the other medicine I bought?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh that's what it is, sorry, I tend to get brands mixed up sometimes. Wal-mart tends to carry more Jungle stuff so I assumed ^_^'

I'd use the Quick Cure drops though, I'm tentative with the coppersafe just because I haven't done much research or use with it so I don't want to hurt your Betta or anything. I'm sure it'd be totally fine but I'm being a bit of a worry wort right now with everything lol but those drops will work great
Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #27 
tlou5

No problem I just appreciate the help. Did the water change and added the Quick Cure and dechlorinator. He CAN swim to the bottom but it is like he doesnt want to and he just lays mainly on his leaf and just looks more awkward swimming if that makes any sense. Did eat his pellets for supper though. Can it be due to stress?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah it's probably just stress we'll check on him in the morning to see if he's doing any better. Of course, meds don't usually work right away so it will be a while before you see any results from him. So just keep that in mind is all
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #29 
tlou5

Oh Lord I hope not! I am so stressed about him I will probably end up with ICK myself
Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #30 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh lol, I wonder if there's a human equivalent or something similar XD oh the things I wonder, it makes me wonder about what I'm wondering about XD haha