Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #1 
IonBaller07

Aquabid shipping

How risky is it to get a betta on aquabid shipped priority? I found this betta that I want but express shipping is like double priority. Google maps says it is almost a 2 day drive from there to here but thats without them stopping every 5 seconds for no apparent reason. It is still spring going on summer so its not too cold or hot Id think its only 75 around here. So is it worth the risk or not?

By the way this is the fish I would want...ITS IN THE US TOO
AquaBid.com - Your Aquatic Auction Website
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #2 
neenjar

He's good looking! usually that difference is live arrival vs. not.

I found a few I want on aquabid too this weekend, they are in thailand though so I need to use a trans shipper.

here is the main boy i'm looking at: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sct&1245983863

I can't afford fish plus shipping right now, but I know they breed em so i'll catch another down the line.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #3 
IonBaller07

That one is very beautiful too, and I can afford it right now but Im trying not to make my mom think I lost my mind paying $50 for a fish.

And he said live arrival on express but you just get the fish money back. The fish is only $16 but thee shipping is $35, for priority it is only $18 so it basically saves me the priceof the fish anyway.

I was reading his feedback and two people said their fish survived priority shipping, and one of them said it took 6 days to get there and lived. Ive never had and order take more than 4 days to get here and Ive ordered stuff from everywhere, even Japan.

Last edited by IonBaller07; 06-22-2009 at 10:37 AM.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's gorgeous!!! I hope you can get him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #5 
Vikki81207

I didn't want to risk the lower shipping which is why I took the 2 hour drive to go pick Merlin up. I didn't want to risk it. I guess it's whatever you feel is best. If you think your fish can handle it then go for it.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

It really depends on your area. With us, sometimes things would take days to get here when it shouldn't have and others get here faster then I expect. I picked express because frankly, our USPS sucks.
If you feel like your USPS is great, then go for it. I think it helps that it's in the US so it doesn't has as far to go, mine came from Thailand!
Oh and btw, beautiful Betta!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #7 
Fishin Pole

I have purchased many fish on Aquabid and never up the shipping to Express Shipping...........I never seen to need to do something like that..........I had one incident with a batch of guppies and the guy i brought them from, made good on the deal...........He sent me twice as many guppies as i ordered and now i have fry coming out my ears......Most fish i think would be okay in a bag for 3 or 4 days as long as the temp is steady for them...........Seems to me bettas are very hardy, so i say go for it!
Fishin Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Pole View Post
I have purchased many fish on Aquabid and never up the shipping to Express Shipping...........I never seen to need to do something like that..........I had one incident with a batch of guppies and the guy i brought them from, made good on the deal...........He sent me twice as many guppies as i ordered and now i have fry coming out my ears......Most fish i think would be okay in a bag for 3 or 4 days as long as the temp is steady for them...........Seems to me bettas are very hardy, so i say go for it!
Paying the extra for Express Shipping is the smart thing.

Would you rather save a few bucks and get dead fish or spend a little extra to get happy, healthy, and bubble blowing, bettas?
Last time I checked dead bettas weren't good breeders or pets.

Shipping priority has killed a lot of fish.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #9 
Fishin Pole

i just checked, i purchased fish 12 times on Aquabid and had one incident with fish......Lets add this up...........An extra 25 dollars for express shipping times 12 is????????............The answer is $300..........To me that another 75 gallon tank with all the goodies included...........One incident in 12 is fine by me, and as i stated the seller even made good on the dead fish..........How many time have we (fish owners) brought fish home and have them die in less time than it would have taken to ship them from the other side of the country?..........The fish i have bought have actually looked MORE healthy and FRISKY than most store bought fish i own........The breeders and importers are better able to take care of their stock than most LFS and chain stores........They have too, this is their bread and butter......If they would continue to ship stressed or ill fish, they wouldnt be around for real long............You roll the dice buying your fish anywhere.................Whether they die in transit or in your own tank 2 days later, they are still dead..........Buying from Aquabid has given me the oppurtunity to own and raise some rather rare species that cannot be found in LFS's.........With 9 tanks in my house and more coming, i think aquabid has been the best thing to hit the hobby in a long time.........
Fishin Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #10 
Philip The Fish

i dont know anything about aquabid, but that is a beautiful fish!!
Philip The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote