Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #31 
Luchi

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...53227#prodTab1

I saw some other people used that kind even though it was slightly more expensive just because it was aquarium safe.
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #32 
neenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
They PASS OUT? O_o

I add that much salt to my water and I've never seen my fish pass out. Wait wait wait, how do they pass out? Like what does it look like?
They can pass out. betta's can tolerate some salt so probably not, other fish have lower tolerances. when they pass out they kinda roll over on their side and stop moving, gill function slows way down.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #33 
Luchi

Whew, I'd be so scared if my fish did that! He already gives me a heart attack!!! lol.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #34 
Luchi

Update on Luchi:
DRAMATIC change so far. I'm absolutely amazed at how well his pectoral fins are doing. They are growing back so fast!!! He seems lively as ever [he always has been]. He's so darn hyper all the time... like me! I'm going to plan on keeping him quarantined until I see more improvement just to be safe.

I posted the link to the moon sand substrate I use. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what you guys think about using it. I'm skeptical if the sand could be the problem since he never had any with gravel. It's just so pretty though and he LOVES rubbing his fins agains it [it's very fine].

Side-note: My little doggy of 13 years Maxwell [bichon frise] seems to be deteriorating in health. *Tear* Keep him in your thoughts if you will! I've had him since I was 8 so he's such a part of my life!!!

Thanks all!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #35 
3bangdoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi View Post
Update on Luchi:
DRAMATIC change so far. I'm absolutely amazed at how well his pectoral fins are doing. They are growing back so fast!!! He seems lively as ever [he always has been]. He's so darn hyper all the time... like me! I'm going to plan on keeping him quarantined until I see more improvement just to be safe.

I posted the link to the moon sand substrate I use. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what you guys think about using it. I'm skeptical if the sand could be the problem since he never had any with gravel. It's just so pretty though and he LOVES rubbing his fins agains it [it's very fine].

Side-note: My little doggy of 13 years Maxwell [bichon frise] seems to be deteriorating in health. *Tear* Keep him in your thoughts if you will! I've had him since I was 8 so he's such a part of my life!!!

Thanks all!
I'm so happy Luchi is doing well. YAY! Go boy!! Did you say the salt water baths are all that made his fins flourish? I remember you asking me what I had done for Neptune only a couple days back, so if its just 2 days, then salt water baths work like a charm!

Maxwell should be kept near Luchi so they could share some 'animal' inspired talk. Maybe maxwell will do great too. lol!
3bangdoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #36 
Luchi

Yes I did the salt bath 2 or 3 times. Then I put him in the 1 gallon with 1/8 of Jungle Fungus Clear. He's been chilling in that and gets his water change tomorrow. Unfortunately Max would probably be scared of the fish, lol. He's a scared little pooch, EXCEPT when there are large dogs around... then he tries to act all big and bad... with his 8 pound little self.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #37 
neenjar

Sorry to hear your dog is not doing well. Glad that Luchi is rebounding so fast. The sand does not list any of the chemical make up so it is hard to tell. It may be the issue though. There may be some micro organisms in it that do not wash out that are not good for long flowing fins.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad to hear that Luchi is doing so well. I'm sorry about Maxwell.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finrot