Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #21 
sbrit94

I don't have a sick betta anymore, he unexpectantly became sick and died within a day. I got him healthy and had him for nearly a year. He was kept in a 1.5 gallon by himself.
The CT in the 10 gal now is perfectly healthy.
I got the betta from a friend, she took it back, and then left him at my door a couple days later. (still a bit mad at her)
I have a filter for the tank and I do a 50% water change every week. (Sunday, I also fast my betta on this day)
Old 08-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #22 
sbrit94

Or actually he was originally in the 10 gal but he looked stressed and had ripped his fins. So that's when I took him out. He acted a lot happier in the 1.5 gal and had a HUGE bubble nest. Then like I said he suddenly got sick.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

So do you want to put new betta in 1.5 gall tank or in 10 gall?
It fine if you want to keep him in 1.5 not a problem . The only think i don't like to cycle small tanks. So for 1.5 gall you will need to do 2-50 and 1-100% water changes a week or just do one full water change every 4 days. And it actually the same for 2 gall tank that you have would be the same water changes.
Also for the 10 gall don't forget to swish/rinse the filter media weekly with gravel vacuum.
Just read one of your post and i got it you want another betta to put in 10 gall tank.

I don't know if you really want and you really think you can take care of them , and give them all care they needed even if they will get sick i can try to pay for you for a betta. We can order from one of the breeder on this forum and i will pay. But please make sure you really capable to take care of them. Its can be very frustrating when they are sick :) And they just like a human being can get sick any time.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #24 
sbrit94

I really think I can take care of them. They are so precious to me :D If you could do that it would be awesome!!!! Thanks so much :D can't express my gratitude at all. Do you know a breeder on here?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #25 
ashleylyn

Hope it works out for you! If I had the spare money I'd pick up some of the gorgeous bettas at my Petsmart and ship. :) They all deserve good, caring homes!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #26 
sbrit94

Oh, I know I'm sooooo hoping it does. More excited than anything. Thanks anyway :D
Old 08-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #27 
ANHEL123

Not sure who to ask for help to find a betta for you , i never order it like that . I usually just go to my pet stores in my town. I love to rescue a betta from the store. I just ask Myates to help us.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #28 
sbrit94

Ok thanks bunches. Never heard of Myates :) But I understand why you would get one from a store :D
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #29 
Myates

I would look on some FB groups that the breeders hang out at - there is one in Florida named First Coast Bettas, one in Texas named Lone Star Bettas, California has California Betta Society, etc.. join a group such as that (or all of them) and post asking to purchase a fish.. most breeders will either give you one for free (just the cost of shipping) or for cheap. Sometimes you may end up paying more if you choose a show quality or from their breeding stock.

You post wanting a fish, if someone offers one you want then you will pay them through Paypal.. which will take the money out of your bank account. And they will ship the fish to you either Mon, Tues, Wed depending on what shipping you want (priority is cheaper and in many ways better than express.. usually $10-15 is charged for priority shipping). With this heat wave going around, you may be requested to pay for express ($30-35) to guarantee a live arrival (priority doesn't have guarantee).

Once you say you want a fish, they'll email you a paypal invoice in which you pay, you will give them your mailing address and that is it.

If you buy one off of AB, to go cheaper I would make sure it's from an American breeder (there are a couple of them I would stay away from - won't name names here) so ask if you are unsure of the breeder.. but basically you opt to buy it now, or bid on it - either way you will then be sent an invoice with paypal, pay it.. confer with the breeder about address and it's shipped the next available day (usually fish are not shipped Thur-Sat).

Not a hard process.. if you import you then are paying more money and it can take weeks to get.

Unfortunately it will be a few weeks minimum before I have any available.. limited stock at the moment, have a 100+ growing out now, but they won't be ready for a few more weeks or I would help ya :(

Last edited by Myates; 08-27-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #30 
sbrit94

I think the only reason I suggested Aquabid was because most bettas have a live arrival guarantee :D
Closed Thread