Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Betta Craze

written by the members of betta help General Care ~When you go into your lps and they say:
"Elizabeth where were you yesterday, we missed you." ~... When you reach into the dog's goodie bag and it's wet inside from your latest water change
~....when your husband thinks you should start watching "soaps" instead.
~..your husband blatantly tells you "your a goofball" because you named your fish.
~When you get highly offended by friends not knowing each
name, or not being able to tell the difference between them.
('Of course not! That's Zeus, he is getting over some finrot
but he's feeling much better now. Harry is a DELTA-tail with
a blue wash- they look nothing alike!;')

~When your co-worker, after reading this post, walks back to her office saying - ya'll are lunatics, lunies, lunies, lunies, crazy, crazy . . .

~when your co workers start asking about how your fish are doing cos of all the stories you tell them and then ask if they can come over to see your fish...hehe

~...when a friend, after noticing a new Betta everyday, confides that she has started a new hobby as well, a help group called "aquariums anonymous"......

~...when you rearrange your room weekly just so you can figure out where you can put "just one more."

~...when faculty at college are asking you, a student, to pick them out some healthy fish for their daughters, grandchildren, etc, and you aren't surprised because you planted the idea in their head in the first place when you started talking to them about the betta in the lily vase on their desk, which you saved from inherant doom
~When you wonder what you could buy them for X-MAS.

~ When you decide that it's not fair for one guy to have to live in a 1-gallon tank while the other two get 3-gallon Eclipse tanks, so you buy another 3-gallon tank and pick up an Eclipse Explorer because "it's on sale and matches my kitchen".

~Also, when you sneak fish into the house and somehow convince your husband that the new fish is really the old fish in a different light ("oh, I can see the green in him now that he's in the kitchen").

~And, when you buy a fish with ich because you're in the pet store to buy ich meds for your fish at home so you might as well buy another one because you can treat them with the same meds.

Pathetic...

~.....when your friends can't figure out if you are talking about your boyfriend/girlfriend or your fish....

~ . . . when you leave for a few days, and your co-workers aren't sure if they need to "do" anything, so one of them fills up the extra coffee pot with water to age, cause she knows I usually "water" them every week.
~...when your friends & family litterally have to drag you away from the Betta spot at ur LPS... this happens to me too often! ........................LOL!

~...When your boyfriend can't tell if you are talking to him or the fish..."Hi, sweety, how was your day? Did you miss me"

~Are not allowed into a petstore without...

Someone to stop you from buying all the betta's who give you that look....

~Or when you talk to them whilest feeding them, and they give you that 'you talk to your fish' look!!!

~When you tell your co-workers you are going to the pet store to pick up flea meds and they look at you with big eyes and say "Bettas get fleas too?".

~ when you base your travel plans on water change and fasting days.
when you yell at the airline stewardess because the plane won't go any faster on the way home

~ ....when your boss says "Okay, we're not running Noah's Ark here...this has got to stop!"......

(Two weeks later I and my four bettas quit that job and found one that let us grow our family to seven!)
.....or when you're happy that the Feng Shui manual says to keep an odd number of fish, because that means you always have a "good excuse" to add ad least TWO more to your family....

~When you sit a jar of coke (or whatever) by all those jars of bettas, and then pick it back up to drink, and you have a sour taste like poop and fish food, and then something starts flopping around in your mouth and you see your coke is still sitting there

~you have to go on your vacation butt naked because you put to many bowls and jars in your suitcase!

~...when you're getting used to the taste of fish water when you are starting your syphon tube.

~when you count your bettas as dependents on your tax return...lol

~You mean they're NOT dependants?!

~When while you're busily feeding your fish, your husband asks "what's for dinner" and you absentmindedly reply "bloodworms".

~you come home from 12 hrs at work, speak to the fish, check email and betta help forums, feed the fish

THEN, kiss your wife hello

~....when you buy your first betta and within the next week you are $100 poorer and your fish has a whole cupboard full of its own stuff.....

~when you decide different families are different strains:

jimmy doe, born of john doe and jane doe
from the doe strain

~and when you stay up all night thinking of ways to reply to this thread

I copied and pasted these from: www.mary500.addr.com .

I wanted to share it with you guys :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #2 
LiyahsGrandma

This is so cute, thanks for sharing.
LiyahsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I enjoyed reading that! Thanks for sharing!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

That's what my life is like :)
Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #5 
Vikki81207

lol awesome
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

We talk about our bettas like they are our children. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #7 
Vikki81207

lol yeah we do. I call my bettas my babies now. lol
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Heck with me it's: Go to the fish room and check on the spawning pair or fry. Do a water change on my jars. Go back to my computer, go on several sites (yop, betta sites). THEN do my homework.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

I call my bettas Master. *betta pouts because they didn't get the food they wanted* I roll my eyes and then say: "Yes master" (in that creepy voice too, lol).
Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #10 
fishyinpa

Nice!! Sounds about right...
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote