Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #11 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I wonder if he could be a chocolate.

That sounds pretty possible :) Abd I don't think Faith has a crowntail chocolate.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #12 
IonBaller07

Im not sure what he is anymore, mustard gas is only when the body is blue/green and the fins are yellow arent they? Because my guy is starting to look like the fins are turning a like yellow/blue blended and some of the scales on his brown body have a blue tint. Is he a mutt of the betta world?

Ohh and here is my new pigs I picked up today at the sametime:

The one up top is brave and friendly, the one on bottom sits still and refuses to move when touched.

Last edited by IonBaller07; 06-22-2009 at 08:45 PM.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonBaller07 View Post
Im not sure what he is anymore, mustard gas is only when the body is blue/green and the fins are yellow arent they? Because my guy is starting to look like the fins are turning a like yellow/blue blended and some of the scales on his brown body have a blue tint. Is he a mutt of the betta world?

He's what I like to call, a quality mutt ;)

He is what he is. Phenotypically he is a chocolate/mustard gas. Genotypically, we'll never know (unless you breed him).

You said there was a brown female? If you want you can breed them and then see what he is (maybe creat a line of your own).
Old 06-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #14 
Vikki81207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post

You said there was a brown female? If you want you can breed them and then see what he is (maybe creat a line of your own).
I think that's a good idea
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #15 
ashleyALE

He's so pretty!
ashleyALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #16 
IonBaller07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
He's what I like to call, a quality mutt ;)

He is what he is. Phenotypically he is a chocolate/mustard gas. Genotypically, we'll never know (unless you breed him).

I want to breed him but I want to do it right, so I will be waiting until he healthens and pretties up.
And I want to find the perfect girly, Im not sure if the one I saw was an actual brown or just lacking color from being sick/dirty.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #17 
MrVampire181

It's not hard. But ya it'll be a while beofre he's healthy enough for it. Do you have the supplies leftover from your previous breeding attempts? Maybe if you find a female like him (cheap ;) ) you could.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #18 
IonBaller07

I have eveything I would need except the fry food (which is the main part ) these dang guinea pigs dont stop eating, I thought my bettas were pigs, these guy already ate 3 large handfulls of hay, 5 carrots, some corn on the cob, and countless pellets.

And I gave my new guy snowflakes column decor for the night, I couldnt stand seeing him sit on the ground anymore. now he can swim in circles I until tomorrow, I guess.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your guinea pigs are cute! Maybe the shy one will get better once it gets used to you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #20 
IonBaller07

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Your guinea pigs are cute! Maybe the shy one will get better once it gets used to you.
I see why they are called pigs, they already ate half a bag of their hay that was as big as my arm and all of their carrots. But they are soo cute. If I come to their cage with food they start screaming at me like "throw it in already". I named the top guy Lil Bud, and the shy one is bunny, named by my sister, but I call him lil bud too.