Betta Fish Forum banner

Where do YOU keep your betta(s)?

2K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  BakaMandy 
#1 ·
Since Luke technically belongs to our 8 y.o. son, we started out with him in his room. But DS is hardly ever in there except when he wakes up, changes clothes or goes to sleep or when we feed Luke his dinner. So I started thinking that Luke might like to be in a room with more activity. I put him on our kitchen counter on the end that borders the living room (it's an open space). DH doesn't seem to like him right in the middle of our main living space. So now I'm at a loss. Hence the poll.

Where do you guys keep your bettas and are you in that particular room a lot?

#2 ·
In the bedroom/office.

I say we are in there as much as we aren't but the fish are all in view of other fish so they can entertain themselves I suppose!

#4 ·
currently i have 3 of my fish in my bedroom, and 2 are out on the entertainment center in our living room. i spend the majority of my time in my room because thats where i do my work, and my computer is in here also. so i got my 3 little buddies keeping me company most of the time, and the other 2 keeping everyone in the living room company :)

#5 ·
My bedroom (the warmest room in the house, staying at 72F in the winter :)))))) ).

My fish room is located in the basement bathroom. This works because it's located by a water source.

I also look for places that I can fit just one more jar in :p

#8 ·
In my bedroom...I wish I could keep him in the living room - but that would be a death wish for him with 3 cats in the house.

#9 ·
one is in my daughters room but I go spend time with him during day and give him a mirror from time to time. Rusty is in the living room where I am most of the time.

#10 ·
mine are all in my bed room. 2 are on my computer desk, where i spend too much of my time haha. 2 are next to my bed and one is on a stool next to my door. Im in my room a lot, except when im working. And if im not in here my dogs usually are so theres always something for them to look at haha

#16 ·
My mom seems to like fish, or atleast she doesnt not like them, they are the only animal she will let me buy however many of and she wont care, she just doesnt like that Im spending all my money on them :lol:

#14 ·
Mine are all in my bedroom, I used to not spend much time in there but now that I have them I find myself running back there every few minutes to check on them.

#20 ·
my mom doesnt hate my fish, she does think its a dumb thing to spend my money on. She said that if i'd stop buying fish and fish tanks that i'd have more money. More money is always nice but i love these little guys and their health and happiness is important to me. I think shes one of those people who would keep theirs in a small vase, so she doesnt understand why im getting tanks for my betta....... :roll:

#21 ·
Hmm well mine are all over. I have my pandas (yes i know not a betta but oh well) in my living room. Elvis was in the kitchen (rip). Roja and Reba are in bathrooms. Morado,Fishy and Bella are in my room. Everybody gets attention one way or the other! My mom likes my fish. She just doesnt wanna have to take care of them lol.

#24 ·
I'm a mom and I love fish.:-D
I think having any kind of pet teaches kids responsibility and compassion towards animals, whether it's fish or a dog, etc. When I was a kid I had horses and those were a lot of responsibility.

#29 ·
LOL I know what you mean. My bettas are on an antique cedar chest from my mother in law. But it needed refinishing anyway.;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.