Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #11 
xst3ph90x

Just an update on Mizu for those of you who want to know. His fins still don't look great, but they're not getting worse, and I'm going to continue treating him with Melafix. However, hes now in a 10 gallon tank, and he seems very happy because hes blowing big bubble nests, and he seems to love the space! There's 3 bubble nests in the tank! I'm glad he's doing better!
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds to me like he's on the road to recovery. I'm glad he's doing better.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:11 AM   #13 
xst3ph90x

Exclamation Oh no!

OH NO! POOR MIZU! Ok, so Mizu was doing fine, his tail was getting better, and he was blowing HUGE bubble nests everywhere. Then all of a sudden yesterday, his fin rot started again. Which is weird because I've been treating him with Melafix. It's really weird because its only on his tail, and its not on his other fins. I have NO IDEA what to do! I'm getting him a new filter tomorrow, so maybe that will help keep the water cleaner, but I don't know what to do about my poor fishie! I feel so bad for the little guy! He seems to be fine though, because he's contiuning to blow bubble nests. What do you think I should do for him? Help! I'm running to petco first thing tomorrow morning, so any advice would help!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Do you have any plastic plants or anything sharp in his tank that could have torn his tail? I have the same problem with one of mine. No signs of finrot and he's otherwise healthy and active. I removed a plastic plant I had and hope that takes care of it. If the Melafix is helping, try it again.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #15 
xst3ph90x

Yes, there IS a plastic plant, but I did the pantyhose test, and all of the plants are fine. I'm positive its not the plant, because he was in the tank for a while without his fins getting worse.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think keeping the water clean will definitely help. The new filter will help with that.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #17 
dr2b

Sounds like Synthisis betta. They told him to make sure he keeps him from flaring while his tail is growing back and getting strong again. That until it does, there was a risk of it doing that again. And it does look like fin rot, but his was just his tail exploding. (Not saying that is what yours did, but it could be the same circumstances as to why the tail got worse...it just hasn't gotten strong enough)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote