Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #11 
taralovesanimals

Yes. i would do that but they are only letting me have ONE tank and I wanted to start a community tank in the 30. :/ unless I could move him to the 6.5 and see how he likes it and if he likes it then make the 10 gallon the community or betta sorority tank.

EDIT: I only have 2 females in sperate 1.5g tanks atm but I don't really want the sorority because I would hate to see them nipping each other :/
taralovesanimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aww well that stinks :-/

But you could do that, you can't fit much in a 10 gallon without overstocking since most shoaling fish need to have at least 5-7 or more of their own species and that'd be just as many fish as you could fit in there lol. You could do a sorority of 8 though! If it was heavily planted though, it could work though
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #13 
taralovesanimals

I'll consider it, but I wouldnt like the violence and I wouldnt have much time as I'm going to take all AP's in hs (1 yr from now), so..... if a sorority requires alot of time then I probably cant.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, it's not too bad as far as violence but definitely needed to keep up on water changes and having a planted tank will be your best bet. But if you don't think you can handle it then that's quite alright! Not going to force you or anything lol, that'd be silly!

But you could have Microrasboras in there or some very small schooling fish and then like a trio of smaller cories like the Peppered Cory cat's, they're cute!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #15 
taralovesanimals

I had the two female bettas right now seperated but they ignore eachother and oncein a while theres (twice a day) they flare at each other for 2 seconds then completely ignore each other. I was thinking maybe having those two and buying 3 sisters on ebay and hope they'll get along???????

I wish I could have like 5 bettas from someone else's sorority that have lived with eachother peacefully and aren't too old lol like thats gonna happen :P

Last edited by taralovesanimals; 08-21-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well you can ask around on the forum at least, giving it a try can't hurt right? But either way, you're right there's no guarantee that they'll get along. Even still you'd need basically a jungle of plants for everyone to be safe at least and anything less will just stress them out which can lead to disease and stuff. So mind as well just leave your girls separated and do something with the 10
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #17 
taralovesanimals

Okay. I probably won't do a sorority then. I'm like 1/2 way there about convincing my mom to let me have the 30. lol
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #18 
taralovesanimals

Wow. I found 5 females who were living in a sorority http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1377308886
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #19 
taralovesanimals

He isn't doing any better. I just checked on him and hes still laying at the bottom on his side and moving his gills about 2 times every second. :'(
Old 08-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Have you done the water changes? And have you tried to keep the temp around 80 at least when you add the new water in?