Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #1 
JadeSparrow

Oh look frogs..

So my Petco people really must quit talking me into tanks that I don't have room for. Couple of months ago they were have a sale on the aqueon 13 gal widescreen tanks which of course came home and then not two months later had their dollar per gallon sale so another 10 gal tank came home with me. Then searching through the site trying to decide what to do with the tanks I started to read Gizmo's ADF thread which of course made me want the little buggers. So I set up the 13 gal tank all nice and planted with driftwood and a little moss cave I made out of a pot one of the plants came in. I took trumpet snails from one of the other tanks and a giant of a mystery snail that I've had for ever while I waited for everything to settle in and start growing, well needless to say I went to Petco yesterday to get fish food and saw that they had froggies. I know they aren't the best place to get them from but well they are the only place around here that I know of to get them. It's too cold right now to even think about having them shipped from somewhere and well they were too adorable soo 3 of them came home with me. I'm still working on if they are male or female but I think its 2 males and one female. I could be absolutely wrong if I am please chime in but for now their names are
Greer

Ainsley

and Finley
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #2 
Laki

Oh my god they're too cute!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #3 
JadeSparrow

I know right. It's the reason they just had to come home with me lol. I just can't wait till they really settle in and start to show their true personalities. Finley so far is the bold one and has taken over exploring the tank. Ainsley is content to sit in the camboda and watch everything that's going on and Greer hides under the piece of driftwood that's in there.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #4 
Bluewind

Omg! So cute. I've been wanting some myself but I'm unfamiler with their needs. What's their pH/hardness needs? Diet? Lifespan? Best grouping numbers? Would they be cool in my 25gal with 2 betta and 6 kuhli loaches?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #5 
JadeSparrow

pH I am not sure. they like temps, from what I have read, between like 75-80. I could be wrong though. They are scavengers but I feed a mix of bloodworms and HBH frog bites. So far I haven't gotten a good number on their life span prob something that Gizmo can answer though as she is breeding hers. And they can be by themselves but in a group of two or more it is said that they will socialize and be really active. I would say yes they would be ok but only if your bettas didn't harass the frogs and make sure there are plenty of hides. This is all mostly what I have gathered reading some of the threads on here and scouring the web for info before I brought them home. This is still kinda a learning experience for me though. Just hope they will be forgiving of my mistakes.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #6 
Bluewind

Thanks. And my girls are sweet and well fed. Little One even likes to rub up against my hand when I mess with the tank and eat from my hand. My loaches don't show any aversion to them and I have caves and nice plants.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #7 
panthers24

Will you be able to add any fish to the aquarium later if you want since frogs and fish live together in nature?
panthers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #8 
JadeSparrow

If I want to yea I could add fish. Many keep their frogs and fish together but like all community tanks you just have to keep and eye on everyone. Eventually I am think if adding some platys or I may set up the ten gallon for them not sure yet.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #9 
panthers24

Do you know of any type of schooling fish that could be in 5 gals of a 10 gal divided tank?
panthers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:59 AM   #10 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Love love loveeee your frogs , they are so adorable :) Do they make any sounds, seems like I have read some will sing at night ?

I love nothing more than to walk down to the pond on Summer evenings and listen to all the frogs that live in it sing, my dog also seems to enjoy listening to them, he will sit down and be so quiet an still , I almost have to make him leave when its time to come home. Such a warm feeling on a cold winters night, thanks for sharing them with us :)
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote