Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #21 
Stone

I just go crazy with plants, I mostly do water changes out of habit not need, in a few weeks once all the new plants in my 46 gal get established I am going to go filterless and let the plants do all the work, plants are a bit like magic, you can be "overstocked" and have no issues within reason of course
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #22 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I just go crazy with plants, I mostly do water changes out of habit not need, in a few weeks once all the new plants in my 46 gal get established I am going to go filterless and let the plants do all the work, plants are a bit like magic, you can be "overstocked" and have no issues within reason of course
I am becoming intrigued by live plants...I think I will put some in my 10g community. Not really enough room for them in the 2.5g.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 AM   #23 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Cabomba grows well in my 2.5. It's planted in the back corner and gently bends at water level to cover some of the surface. Bettas love to sleep in/on it.f

Some fern or Anubias nana 'petite' tied to a small piece of Cholla wood with fishing line also fits in a 2.5.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #24 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Cabomba grows well in my 2.5. It's planted in the back corner and gently bends at water level to cover some of the surface. Bettas love to sleep in/on it.f

Some fern or Anubias nana 'petite' tied to a small piece of Cholla wood with fishing line also fits in a 2.5.
Yeah...I don't even know why I said that lol...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote