Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #111 
jayr232

I saw a short body DT today.. its very disturbing
jayr232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #112 
Rosencrantz32

I know VT and regular Plakat only have 2 rays, so he won't be that. I guess he'll be Super Delta at least. Depending on how wide his spread is, he could be a Halfmoon! And then I guess depending on how much (or little rather) his fins grow out he might be a HMPK. Time will tell!! lol

I'm soooo jealous of your little baby. He's adorable!!
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #113 
TiffanyP

Thank you :D He's so super fun to watch grow! I still can't believe how black he is! I can't wait to see him grow up :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #114 
TiffanyP

So, I feel like this has become a journal of "watch how much Yoshi changes!" lol But right now - he's the most exciting thing going on in my fish life :) He's growing a TON right now, and I feel like Icarus is maybe being affected a little by the growth stunting hormone. I do 50%+ (as much water as I can fit in a bucket) water changes M/W/F and if I'm around on weekends I try and do a bit of a water change on Saturdays too. I'm doing the best I can though and he's growing, just appears to be growing slower than Yoshi. Maybe just because Yoshi is changing so drastically lol

This is Yoshi just a few minutes ago :D

And here's Icarus :) He was too busy darting around to want to sit still for a good picture today.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #115 
Rosencrantz32

WOW!!! O.O
Yoshi is... amazing!! Oh man, so jealous over here!!! >.<
You're doing a great job with these little ones :D
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #116 
TiffanyP

Thank you! I'm pretty stoked about him :D I've wanted a black betta for a while now, and I've eyed quite a few on Aquabid even. But finding this lil 2 dollar midget at Petco and growing him myself beats any fish off of Aquabid :D

If I would have known he would be black when I got him, I might have named him and Icarus something different... like Yin and Yang or something haha since they're black and white :)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #117 
BettaLover1313

Yoshi is looking very good! I absolutely love his coloring!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #118 
TiffanyP

Thank you thank you :)

Not too much is happening here at Casa de la Fish. All of the boys are doing well!

I turned off Darryl's filter, which I think he's thoroughly enjoying as he's built a HUGE bubble nest over in the corner that it's in lol I'm seeing if that will maybe stop the tail shredding/biting.

I'm teaching Stinson to eat off of my finger :D if I get it a little wet and stick a pellet on it, he'll jump out of the water and eat the pellet - but only for me! My boss's daughter was here this weekend and she tried and he refused to jump for her :)

Nothing new with Gilligan, Pascal, Alaric or Alistair :)

Icarus is doing well - I've been feeding him a bit more than normal to see if I can get him growing a bit faster.

And Yoshi is absolutely just growing growing growing! He amazes me every day. He's started flaring (though can't see his beard or gills pop out yet) at the divider at Icarus. And his tail and fins are massive now! I think he'll probably end up being a delta or super delta or halfmoon perhaps. He's just such a looker! I love it :)

Hope everything is well with all of you!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #119 
TiffanyP

Well. I can no longer refer to my fish as 'my boys'... Icarus grew ovaries overnight! So I've got a lil lady fish on my hands!

I've questioned it for a while, but there's never been anything but a see through area behind 'his' stomach so I stuck with male... but as of this morning there are bright yellow ovaries behind her stomach! So now I need to figure out a proper name for a lady fish! She's just a petite little thing, still no color, just a tiny tiny bit of red on her tail fin and ventrals... Any ideas for a name?

Thanks! :)
Old 11-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #120 
TiffanyP

Per request of my sister-in-law I took some new pictures of my fishies tonight :) Unfortunately the one I wanted pictures of most, the former Icarus, wasn't cooperating - I'll try again tomorrow :)

Yoshi - One picture that shows how black he is, and one that shows his tail well :)

Stinson

Alaric - I love my little stud :) Also, when he flares, he doesn't have a beard... Is that normal?

Pascal

Darryl

Icarus - or that used to be her name lol I haven't decided on a lady name for her yet! She wasn't cooperating so, sorry for the not so awesomeness of the picture

My Gilli :) He loves me haha I should have named him Fabio for his long flowing golden locks ;)

And last but not least - Alistair. He's kind of droopy bc he needs a water change - he's super sensitive to ammonia. It's not even up to .25 ppm yet :/ And yes, he bit a chunk out of his tail lol