Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #221 
Rosencrantz32

Ooh White Sands is fun. I went sledding there last January. SO MUCH FUN!!!
There's a really good New Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas called Smiling Faces. They have the best Navajo Tacos that I've ever had! I dunno if you have time to stop for food... but if you do you should give them a try!! :D
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #222 
TiffanyP

Ooh that actually sounds amazing - I'll have time to stop somewhere, and it'll be nice not to do the whole drive in one stretch like I did last time :) Last time I wanted to maximize time with my friend lol This trip will just be an overnight trip to grab Smeagol :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #223 
Rosencrantz32

Yeah I don't blame you for not wanting to do that drive in one day. My sister lives in Denver so I've done the stretch from Albuquerque to there before, and I used to go to school in Las Cruces so I know the stretch from there to ABQ. I would hate to do all of that in one day >.<
Old 06-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #224 
TiffanyP

I'll still make the trip in one day :) Just splitting it up a bit - last time i left about 730 am and stopped for gas and a quick sandwich at a Wendy's, filled up with gas, and was on my way again. It'll be nice to stop and actually walk around, do something for a little bit, before getting in the car again :) I made the drive from Iowa to here in one day and that took 14 hours -_- never. ever. again. Okay, so it's going to happen again next month but... ugh haha
Old 06-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #225 
TiffanyP

Guys! GUYS! I can't be excited about this anywhere but here bc people will think I'm nuts... but ALARIC POOPED! I literally don't remember the last time he pooped! He's been eating the NLS small fish formula like a little piggy for the past week and apparently it agrees with his intestines as it's a nice looking cinnamon roll poo :D I'm just so happy! Now I just need to get his fins on the mend and I think he'll really pop out of this! Which means that I need to get him a bigger tank as he's been living in a 1 gallon hospital tank for the past ~2 months... Pray I find a good deal because I'm pretty much broke at this point lol

I'm seriously so happy that I could cry <3 In 13 days I'll have had him with me for a whole year!

Last edited by TiffanyP; 06-07-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typos :)
Old 06-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #226 
Rosencrantz32

Yay!!! I'm happy that he finally pooed :)
I'm lucky that my husband loves my fish too so when stuff like that happens I can tell him and he'll be excited with me. I'm glad the forum is here for all of us to share these little excited moments! :)

I hope he continues to get well! Nothing is better than your little finned love healing and starting to feel well again :)
Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #227 
TiffanyP

Today is water change day for Sir Alaric, but I'm so loathe to do so because he's begun such a nice bubble nest! The first one in months! But alas, clean water trumps decoration lol So here in a few minutes I will crush his dreams... and his nest ;)

Lennan has something funky going on with his fins - it doesn't look like rot, but just like the edges are raw... He bit most of his bottom tail fin off, so I've got me another tail nipper -_- Going to try some AQ salt to see if that'll help his issue :)

Silly Sven still eats Olaf's veggie wafers whenever I put a piece in there... No idea what to do to get him to stop that, but he literally eats the whole chunk I put in there! His belly is so swollen afterwards and I don't feed him again til he poops, but still worries me a bit when his stomach is that big lol Otherwise he's doing well -got some good fin growth going and is always swimming around his tank :)

Nemo has taken to sleeping in his cave, which is adorable lol he just lays right in there like it's a bed :)

Lil Beenz is probably my healthiest and most active fishy right now :) Never would have guessed from how he looked when I brought him home that he would end up like this! He has a nice long bubble nest built up against the front of the tank and he guards it very well :)

Yoshi is doing well, just continues to seem kind of... bored. I'm not quite sure what to do to get him to be a little more active. His fin is still ripped in quite a few places, and it looks like they're snags, not like he's biting them... His plants are silk and whenever I change his water i feel them to make sure they aren't rough/ragged on the edges and they seem to be soft still. Might just be because his tail is so large :)

That's all on my current boys :) I went to Petco today to look for a litter box and naturally walked by the bettas... they had a giant halfmoon plakat, or something to that effect, and that fish was MASSIVE. Biggest betta I'd ever seen, and he gave me the eye. The one and only "Take me home please" eye. -_- I have no space whatsoever to put another tank in my room thought, not to mention no cash for one. If there were a plug in in my closet you'd better believe there'd be a tank in there haha I only need a 10 gallon tank (he was so big I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him in a 5 gallon for too long) and a few plants. I'd do a bare bottom tank to save money and for ease of cleaning. If I can find a 10 gallon tank on Craigslist for cheap, I'll seriously go get him tonight haha He can chill (well, it'll be heated lol) in a 1 gallon (bigger than that tiny cup he's in now) overnight if I can't go get the tank til tomorrow. Oh how I want him lol That's all for tonight! :)
Old 06-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #228 
TiffanyP

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get that fish lol The only tanks on Craigslist for a good price were 20 gallons, and my 50 watt heater I have on hand won't heat that well enough... the couple of 10 gallon tanks they had listed were $40+... I'm trying SO hard to think of a way to get him - but the money just isn't equaling out right now. Darn car payment ;) Ok just kidding about that, I love my car and I'm so thankful for it! I think $55 is the minimum I could get him for... $20 for the fish, $12ish for the tank, roughly $20 for plants, and a few bucks for a couple of sheets of plastic canvas to use as a makeshift lid until I can get a real one... I'm praying that I stumble across $50 laying on the sidewalk or something haha

Oh the woes of betta addiction ;)
Old 06-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #229 
Rosencrantz32

It looks like there are a couple 10 gallon tanks down here that are in the $20-$35 range... but I think you could get a new one at Petsmart for $15 or something. Let me check.... yep $14.99 for a Grreat Choice 10 gallon aquarium. It doesn't come with a lid tho...

I've been having the same woes. There's a beautiful crowntail plakat male at my Petco and I want to get him really badly. I haven't let myself go to that store actually, because if I see him again I know I won't be able to resist! And someone on craigslist posted a Fluval Chi for $20. Its so tempting! T.T
So I totally feel your pain :P
Old 06-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #230 
TiffanyP

He wasn't there when I went back to get him :( But now i have time to save up for a bigger tank and all the accessories :)

I'm excited for next weekend :D Getting a kitty and eating lots of nommy food!