Old 07-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your fish!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #32 
RoseyD

I'm sorry about your bettas too.

I bought my girls from Petsmart this past weekend - over 2 shopping trips on Saturday - I picked up 7. and 5 of them are going strong. - I've got the 5 spread out in 3 tanks - the largest one is solo. - And, I'm trying to get my large 20 gallon tank prepared so that I can set up a sisterhood for them all, with lots of plants for hiding.

My limited experience with them is that they're really complete loves. They don't do what I want them to. I bought them betta pellets and none of them will eat them - so I keep feeding them the dried worms and brine shrimp - and they really go for that stuff...

I need to research though if they're not eating the 'betta' food is ok or not. ARe they getting proper nutrition by only eating the dried shrimp & blood worms?

Anyway - I would recommend that you don't give up on bettas. There are some healthy ones out there that need a loving home, still - find them and save them, please, you know they'll thank you for it.

Your Petsmart sounds horrible... such is the case that Bettas always seem to find their way into the tiniest, unhealthiest positions in stores. No animal (& fish) deserve such cruelty.
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #33 
Angelmonster

I am not giving up on bettas, I just won't try another sorority tank.

Nutrition...try flakes. My sorority wouldn't eat the pellets either but they went crazy if I pinched the flakes into tiny pieces.
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #34 
rb500

I was concidering a sorority, I've heard people have success with them but I don't know now. I can't afford to buy a bunch of smaller tanks if it goes wrong. I was thinking about buying them straight from a breeder so they would be sisters and nicer to each other, but do breeders fish cost more? and I don't even know where to find a breeder. Any help?
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

The breeder at bettatalk sells females that are acclimated to living with each other.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote