Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #101 
Blue Fish

Haylx rec's the Dr. Tim's One and Only as the BEST for BB's in a bottle (similar to safe start). You can get it from the company itself, or from the foster and smith website.

Next up in preference is Tetra Safe Start, which I've used with success as well (although Halyx has been studying these and keeping track of what works and what doesn't), so he knows more. :)

I've also used API Quick Start, but only buy what you need, because after 48 hours of being opened, the BB's in there are dead.
Also, let your tank ammonia get to about 0.25 before adding any of these, that allows the BB's from the bottle to immediately start eating and colonizing in your new tank. :)

I've missed the rest of this thread so I don't know what all is going on, but I saw your Safe Start question and thought I'd pass on some info. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #102 
Abawhite2021

Its no problem blue. I apreshate the info since i do wanna get fishy out of his hospital tank. I know hes not 100% happy in it since when he was in the 5 gal tank he was making bubble-nests but then he got ill :( He's gotten alot better even tho today i found a spilt in his tail fin that i didn't like so i did a water change and added a small amount of aquarium salt just to make sure it doesnt get infected. ( better safe than sorry).

I'll also keep ur amiona comment in mind. I have the test kit so i can wait until it reads .25mm before i add any of the BB in :) i'm sure fishy will be happy to be back in his 5 gal tank
Abawhite2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #103 
ANHEL123

How its going? Did you transfer him back to his 5 gall?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #104 
Abawhite2021

im also sorry for being away for so long. I was sick and im now feeling better, but saddly i can't say the same about fishy. IDK whats going on with him and frankly i'm running out ideas. After all those weeks of improvement and fin-regrowth i just looked at him and saw that ALL the parts of his tail in that regrew is MISSING again, along with a huge chunk of his tail that WASNT infected. All thats left is these red strands again and all the blue is missing. The odd thing is I havent done a thing diffrently. He has his water changed every 3 days, i have an idian almond leaf in there with him. I've used API stress stuff for his conditoner but some how his condition has worsen. He's eatting fine still...this is still so confusing
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #105 
ANHEL123

did you transfer him to the new tank? May be he is better in that smaller tank? Some bettas really better in the smaller tanks with less water movements.
Is he still in the living room? The way you described it sound like he bit it again. Just keep water clean and do what you keep doing to prevent infection.
I am glad you feeling better though:)
Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #106 
Abawhite2021

I thought maybe he bit it again, why i don't know. He's still in the one gal Qt tank and i havent changed a thing. I left him in our living room still, his water is clean and at a compy 77*. The only diffrent thing was i wasn't paying attnetion to him due to the fact i was just lying around doing nothing for a week. I'll continue to keep his water clean and hope for the best. IDK what else i can do
Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #107 
ANHEL123

some bettas just chronic biters, but as long as water clean and his fins are not infected he is happy. I know the tail might look not as beautiful as it was :( Sorry its 11 pages so i don't remember if you feed him with frozen food? If you can find frozen blood worms i think it will be very good idea. Its a lot of protein in it which helps him to stay strong and hopefully to prevent infection. Also i have a question , do you think he can see his reflection? I am wondering if he can see the reflection and it bothers him?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #108 
Abawhite2021

I'M not 100% sure if he can see his own relfection, but its something i'd need to look into. I can say he seems happy (for a fish) hes active he's eatting like a pig still. ( I feed him new life spectrum pelletes. I found out that im allgeric to blood worms after i got him some and after handing them i had a rash :( ) It would figure that i pick out of all those poor fishies the one whos a little 'off' upstairs but either way i'll do my best to take care of him
Old 10-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #109 
ANHEL123

If you allergic to frozen bw you probobly allergic to freeze dried too?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #110 
Abawhite2021

I'm not sure but idk if wanna risk it you know what i mean?