Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #21 
betta80888

bigger is better
betta80888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #22 
sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abawhite2021 View Post
I had another question. I'm gonna clamp his hospital tank inside of his 5 gal tank so he cam stay warm. Atm his water temp is at 72* because i can't put a heater in the one gal tank. If i put him in the 5 gal tank (in this hosptal tank) would that

A) affect the cycling of the tank

b)Could the ammoina in the 5 gal tank hurt fishy in the 1 gal tank?
If you put hospital tank in the 5 gall tank it would not affect cycling.
If there is ammonia high in your 5 gall it will not affect the hospital tank in any way, unless the water from 5 gall will get in the hospital tank.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #23 
sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abawhite2021 View Post
QUick question the tank is at 77* the one gal tank is at 72* is it ok to put the hopistal tank in the main tank with a 6* differnce or will that harm him?

Nights comming the temps gonna drop in the house i don't want the fish to die due to exposeure
It fine to put hospital tank if it 72* in the 5 gall tank with temp 77*. The hospital tank should slowly get warmer. It will be gradual temperature change so it fine.

The terra-cotta pot that you put in the tank is it aquarium safe? I am not sure , find out before you will decide to put your betta back in that tank with those pots. I would think you rinse them before you put them there? And if you will decide to put betta back in 5 gall make sure you check the water parameters and do a water changes too.

Last edited by sunlight; 08-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #24 
Abawhite2021

Oh i plan on it! Atm im trying to get a cycle going in my 5 gal tank so when i put him back in hes in a heatly and stable invorment. I will not be leaving the terra-cotta pot in there with him. As i'm not 100% sure its fishy safe. Its mearly something high to rest the hospital tank at. ATM his hospital tank is at anice 78* and i plan on leaving it there.

I did wash the terra-cotta pot befor i put it in as well.
Abawhite2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #25 
ANHEL123

Well if it not aquarium safe then you will need to do a full water change to insure that nothing leached in the tank , in the gravel though.
So you decided to keep him in his 5 gall tank and trying to cycle it. Not sure if you had the links from Oldfishlady. I am going to post them for you, i think you can find a lot of tips in there. First link for fishin cycle though. Do you want me to find for fishless cycle?
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115758
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #26 
sunlight

hey how he doing?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #27 
Abawhite2021

Sry i know i havent been on much our dog suddenly got very ill and passed away and i was dealing with that. Fishy has gotten a bit better the baterical fin-rot is gone but saddly he got a secondary fungal infection. i got some jungl fungus killer and i've been treating him with that. Since ive done that he hasn't lost anymore of his fins but i can see fugus on his tailfin. If the jungle doesnt work i was gonna try API fugus killer. Ill keep an eye on him
Old 09-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #28 
ANHEL123

So sorry for you dog:( I know how sad it is, i had to put down my 16 years old dog . She had kidneys failure. I was devastated but you know its just cycle of life . I thought that my dog and your dog had a good and happy life. We took another dog from the shelter. I decide that it time to rescue another life.

About fungal infection. Are you sure it is fungus? Fungus is white growth, may look like ling strands of fine hair or small patches, fuzzy. Can be gray,white or milky.

Also fish can have excessive slime coat due to infection , which you was treating him from. Also he might have bit of the slime coat from using salt.
Slime coat comes off the tips of the fins and sometimes the body. Slime coat usually slimy,clear like a mucus. It a natural fish protection against of the disease. Fish will act otherwise the same.

Be careful with all those medications , you don't want to over medicate him. And do not use API until you sure it really fungus. Do you still have him in the hospital tank? I don't remember how big it is. You already using medications so finish it and see how he doing and keep him in the super clean water. I don't remember if you using stress coat which is good idea. Stress coat and salt that you was using all together also can promote slime coat.
Is he acting healthy?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #29 
Abawhite2021

Yeah he suddenly had a hard time breathing, they thought our dog had phemiona(sp) but his lungs gave out with-in a week. There was nothing we could do. We decided that he's the last dog where gonna have for a long while now.

Yet back to fishy. I'm sure its fungus i saw some of it on his tail-fin it was a milky color i thought it was fin-regrowth until i got home from work and saw that the part of this tail that had the milky stuff on it was GONE! All that was left was some red strands that fell off a few days later. Thats when i did some research relized it was fungus and got some jungle fugus killer to help kill the fugus. I'm not using stress-coat but i am using aquarium salt with his water changes. (i have a one gal tank) and he is acting healthy when i put his food in there he attacks it visiously! Hes acting like a betta-pig
Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #30 
ANHEL123

How long you using salt? I think someone already mentioned that you can use it only for 14 days?
Are you using 1 tsp/gall or more?
Are you still treating with medications?
I just want to recommend be careful and don't over medicate him. I hope the medications you been using is enough and you don't have to treat him with another medication. The medications are really stressful on bettas kidneys . And like i said that he might have some extra slime coat which is normal reaction to treatment.