Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #11 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs711 View Post
Butting in this thread...those of you with filters on your 2.5ish gallon tanks, do you also have an air pump? My 2.5 gallon came with an air pump. So I have that tube and the heater tube and they take up a nice amount of room. If I got a small filter instead, could I remove the airpump and the underground filter think the airpump sits in and just use the filter?

Those of you that do use the filters, how often and how much are you changing your tanks?

I like under gravel filters so I would keep it.

For tanks under 5 gallons you'll have to do weekly water changes and anythin larger can be put on a monthly schedule.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 AM   #12 
jeaninel

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs711 View Post
Butting in this thread...those of you with filters on your 2.5ish gallon tanks, do you also have an air pump? My 2.5 gallon came with an air pump. So I have that tube and the heater tube and they take up a nice amount of room. If I got a small filter instead, could I remove the airpump and the underground filter think the airpump sits in and just use the filter?

Those of you that do use the filters, how often and how much are you changing your tanks?
I do weekly water changes of 25-30% on all my tanks. Since the betta tank is not cycled yet I do 50% changes a couple times a week and check water params every couple days. I do have one betta tank with no filter. I'm just kind of experimenting to see which I prefer for a betta.
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #13 
babs711

So the cleaning schedule isn't different for a tank with just an airpump (no filter) and one with a filter? I don't have a filter and am currently doing one 50% change and one full change a week. How would that be different if I did get the filter? Thanks!
babs711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags