Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #1 
kjnewcome

Unhappy My daughter is devastated

We stopped by Petco to look at the hamsters (my 9 yr old is hoping for one) and I had to go check out the bettas since I saw they shelve was full.

We saw a little DT male that has been there a couple of weeks. My daughter said "Mommy, I think there is something wrong with him". I look over and he is sort of just floating vertical in the cup. Just before I could say anything he stuck him head out of the water to get a gulp of air, twitched and died.

I don't know who they have in charge of the bettas there but things have really gone down hill in the last 3-4 weeks. Makes me so sad. I've seen more dead or nearly dead bettas there in the past 2 weeks than I have in a whole year.

They had a very pretty white DT and a purple EE but I didn't get either. Wish I could have but I don't have room for them and I don't have the extra money right now for another tank or the price of the fish. I wish I could save them.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #2 
virginiachase16

Hi,
I personally think it's all Petco's. I bought my baby Betta fish from there, & I saw 6 or so dead ones! I informed the staff there that they were indeed dead, & they took them away. They brought new babies out, & I bought one of those. Honestly though, all the Betta fish seems to be dieing.. It is sad, I agree..
virginiachase16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #3 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiachase16 View Post
Hi,
I personally think it's all Petco's. I bought my baby Betta fish from there, & I saw 6 or so dead ones! I informed the staff there that they were indeed dead, & they took them away. They brought new babies out, & I bought one of those. Honestly though, all the Betta fish seems to be dieing.. It is sad, I agree..

You are right, I think I just notice it more now because I actually stop to look at the fish. I want so bad to go down and save that purple EE. He's $20, plus I would need a tank, heater and plants, so we are talking another $50-$75. I just don't have it to spare right now. I guess buying him and keeping him in a 1g bowl would be better than where he is now. I hate that I can't get more, if only they would play nice and they could live peacefully together. I would/could save so many.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote