Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #1 
Croz711

Question Need: Breeding Pairs..Where do I find sellers?

I would like two or three pairs of breeders that are still young.. preferably 12-14 months old. I am fascinated by crowntails, HMPK, and giants. Please help me find some for a good price!
Croz711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #2 
shannonpwns

You should be looking for bettas that are 3-4 months old in that case. Which is the age that most are sold by breeders. 12-24 months is getting up there in age, they can still breed, but 3-4 months may be better. Check out www.aquabid.com
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #3 
Croz711

Wow! Thanks a bunch! :) One thing that I can't seem to find are breeding pairs... I'll keep looking though! @shannonpwns
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #4 
Croz711

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonpwns View Post
You should be looking for bettas that are 3-4 months old in that case. Which is the age that most are sold by breeders. 12-24 months is getting up there in age, they can still breed, but 3-4 months may be better. Check out www.aquabid.com
Do you know of anywhere that might have more reasonable prices?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #5 
DoctorWhoLuver

The American sellers usually have bettas that are cheaper, but from what I know, breeding quality bettas are usually around that price range.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #6 
Croz711

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoLuver View Post
The American sellers usually have bettas that are cheaper, but from what I know, breeding quality bettas are usually around that price range.
My fish don't have to be "show quality", but I would like to have some beautiful fish...are there any breeders in Florida? I've been searching the internet all day for one.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #7 
shannonpwns

Just look at the USA sellers on aquabid, and if you see a male you like, you can contact the breeder and request a sibling female and they usually will have some available. Priority Shipping will usually be between $10-15 for 4-6 fish, depending on the seller.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #8 
Ilikebutterflies

First thing is to decide what you want to breed. Do a google search on bettas and pull up the "images" to look through the photos. If something catches your eye do your research and figure out how it is made. Once you know what you want you will know where to look for breeders. IMHO the best place you can get information in one place is Bettysplendens.com. Do yourself a favor and read every single page. As far as breeding stock goes you can look on aquabid of course, there are a few betta shops that import, facebook betta groups sometimes list stock for sale and you can message members to ask if they have stock, classified ads here on betta fish and spawn logs are all places to find breeders. As far as "pairs" go, you don't need pairs. You can pick individuals once you do your homework you can put your own pairs together.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #9 
Croz711

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebutterflies View Post
First thing is to decide what you want to breed. Do a google search on bettas and pull up the "images" to look through the photos. If something catches your eye do your research and figure out how it is made. Once you know what you want you will know where to look for breeders. IMHO the best place you can get information in one place is Bettysplendens.com. Do yourself a favor and read every single page. As far as breeding stock goes you can look on aquabid of course, there are a few betta shops that import, facebook betta groups sometimes list stock for sale and you can message members to ask if they have stock, classified ads here on betta fish and spawn logs are all places to find breeders. As far as "pairs" go, you don't need pairs. You can pick individuals once you do your homework you can put your own pairs together.
Thanks! I've read so much information on bettas my head is about to explode...the reason why I am trying to find "pairs' is so that I can have a better bloodline and not some cheap walmart fish.. and I actually found a website where they give you six fish of the same bloodline for 30$ +S&H within range of where I live... It's called Blue Betta USA... Their online payment website is messed up right now, but they are still open for business is the response I received after sending a message... thaitybetta and Elitebetta on youtube have many great informational videos that I watched as well..
Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #10 
Croz711

Nevermind! the owner is supposedly a scam artist! DO NOT BUY FROM Betterbettas.com or BluebettaUSA.com they are run by a guy named Bryan Epstein who has been flagged numerous times for 1)poor product 2)Not delivering when you paid 3)dead or tranquilized fish