Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #1 
PonyJumper101

Unhappy Devastated.

**GRAPHIC**

So the story begins with me taking a trip to my local Pets Unlimited located in Bedford, NS. Unlike other Pets Unlimited stores, this one had over 100 bettas just sitting there waiting to be sold. Some have been there for months, like this one betta that had caught my eye many times. There were many beautiful bettas there; dragons, double tails, deltas/halfmoons, even two mustard gas, but nothing could compare to him. When I first saw him, I thought about how sick and ugly he was, but I could never seem to keep my eyes off of him. At first glance, you would think it was a different type of fish, but he wasn't. He was a black/gray with very clamped fins and barely any fins at all! He was always sitting at the back of the group of stacked cups, just waiting for someone to buy him. Oh and what a cute face he had. The one thing that hit me was how sad his eyes were. I regret ever leaving him there. I've been thinking about him for the past few days and had finally found the guts to bring him home with no question. I was oh so excited to bring him home and put him in a nice filtered tank and watch him recover! I finally got to the store and rushed right over to the betta shelf, but he was not there. I moved a few cups over and then started to wonder if someone had brought him home. Until I looked at the back where he always was...my beautiful boy. I can't even think about it. There he was, in his cup, at the very back where he always was, lying there, motionless. My heart shattered. I picked up the cup and held it tight. I looked right into his pale eyes. I had to leave the store right after that. I feel so guilty leaving him there everytime I went. I wish he could've gone in a more peaceful way, but I blame myself for that because I could've made that happen.

To "my" beautiful unnamed boy that could always catch my attention, may you Swim in Peace. I'm sorry.

Attached Images

PonyJumper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #2 
JayM

Sorry to hear he didn't make it.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #3 
Loz

Pony that's so sweet of you... at least someone loved him x Don't be hard on yourself, it's certainly not your fault you didn't get there in time. They should have been taking better care of him. ♥
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote