Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #1 
BettaSquirt

Exclamation Fin Rot for two! Ahh!!!

Ahh!!! :( I figured out a few days ago i saw that the ends of Leo's tail looked like it was falling off, like shredded. So i added some of his gill and tail Maracyn that i used for his inflamed gill. Unfortuantly i ran out of that... So it started to get worse the next day (Yesterday) So today went to petco to get some Bettafix for him. When i got home.... AHH!! Squirt got finrot too!!!!!!!!!!! His fins were shredding at the end, and i like broke down... Squirt has been so healthy all Since i got him, August 2008. I was soo sad. But luckily i have the Bettafix - Dunnanananaaa!!!! I cleaned Leos and Squirts and cosmos tanks today and added the Betta fix to Leos and Squirts. But im pretty sure that they got Finrot because of the water that i used. I got to lazy to use the filtered water so i used the tap water from the tub. My mom said that it was the tub water because we arent supposed to drink it because it has like too much... something, i cant remember the name. So when i cleaned the tanks, i used the filtered water, and added the Salt and conditioner and of course the medicine.
I'm Pretty sure i did everything right.

Is there anything else that i can do for them for their finrot? (i cant buy anymore medication probably besides the Bettafix if i need more soon.) Should i do anything else besides what i did?
Thanks!!!!
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #2 
ifish

your being a very good mommmy i hope the survive and all my pet store has is betta fix
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #3 
cottoncandygirl

can somebody in here help me please!
i dont live in a place where i can find betta fix i could only find some drops that were $2.50 it said it was like for fungus, fins that were likee pasted together and white spots... my betta has his fins falling off... do u think that the drops will help???
or if not what can i doooo
cottoncandygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Cotton candy Girl. Clean water and aquarium salt will be your fish's best friends for a while until the fin rot is gone. Put your fish in a gallon container, and change the water 100% everyday. Add a t spoon of aquarium salt after each water change. Do this everyday until your fish is healed.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #5 
BettaSquirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish View Post
your being a very good mommmy i hope the survive and all my pet store has is betta fix
Thank You . I Hope they survive

And Cottoncandygirl - You can go on Petco.com and order it on there and it will come in like 3 or 4 days... Its kinda expensive becuase of shipping and handling... But its better than nothing, right? Anything for your loved fishy or you could do what doggyhog said. Good Luck :)
Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #6 
cottoncandygirl

thanks soooo much .... but i was just wandering.. do u think that the medicine that im putting is doing something good?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #7 
BettaSquirt

That should help, if it treats for like fungle infections for fins, thats basically what fin rot is. That stuff should work. But if the fin rot seems to be getting worse, i would recommend buying the Bettafix online.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #8 
cottoncandygirl

ok thanks so much :D
Old 06-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #9 
BettaSquirt

your welcome! good luck :)
Old 06-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good water qualityand salt will help, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote