Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #11 
Aluka

if thats the case, i think you should just get those dome lights at a hardware store and get 2 6500k lightbulbs. (dome lights run about 6-8 each, and clf 6500k runs about 6-10 for 2 13w ones)

Cheap and effective. Those dome lights have extremely good reflectors.

Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #12 
percyfyshshelley

http://www.homesalive.ca/Azoo-Firefly-Light_p_3245.html

Would this work? It's s clip on light, and it doesn't clip to well to a standard tank, but I've found ways to make it work. I've grown plants pretty well with it, and it's a great price--$10. I have five of them, since I live near where this store is. I ususlly end up grabbing one each time im there lol. They are a canadian company and they ship to NWT and shipping costs don't seem too bad. It'd probably to what your looking for but I though I'd just let Canadians know about this online option for aquarium supplies. It's homesalive.ca.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #13 
Mitra

Peachii, that is a good question. I emailed the website and asked them if they carried replacement bulbs for them (6500k i assumed) and awaiting their reply.

Also Mashiro I really like the light fixture you linked so I phoned them to get a specific shipping quote ($80 for shipping alone way too expensive) and they are getting back to me next couple of days.

Aluka that is a very neat idea and I will probably choose that method as a last resort. Although it'd be tough to fit in lights like that on my dresser. On a side note: What floating plants do you have? Those are exactly what i want to order for my betta and dwarf frogs!

Percy thank you for that link I am going to order one of those for my 3 gallon tank for sure, it has a couple plants in it.
Mitra is offline   Reply With Quote