Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #1 
williamwong411

Are my Corys Normal? (with Betta)

So yesterday I got some Peppered Cory's from PetSmart. The betta kept creeping on the cory's and ended up nipping one. now they don't move much but they are still breathing. The betta seems to have lost interest but now the cory's still don't move that much. Are they still getting use to their enviroment or are they scared straight?

Sorry for my Bad English I'm 11

10 Gallon
3 Peppered Cory's
1 Male Plakat Betta
Filtered, Heated
Sand Substrate
williamwong411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #2 
Asira

That is very normal for your betta to do, don't worry.
Are they sitting in front of the tank 'doing nothing' or are they trying to hide? What's the temperature of your tank?
Also, cories like to be in bigger groups, 3 is a little too small for cories to feel comfortable. Is it possible for you to get more cories (like, so you have a group of 5-10 cories?), it doesn't really matter what kind of cory, as long as they need the same things and are about the same size, as cories 'group' with each other, even though they're not the same kind.
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #3 
JamieL

Sounds normal :). Your betta is still getting used to them. I have my betta with 5 panda cories, he nipped at them a little at first, then he got over it. Now he occasionally chases one, or he'll flare at one once I'm a while, then he goes about his business. As for the cories, they rest a lot of the day, they're way more active at night or at feeding time. They do stay still a lot, especially when they're adjusting to a new tank. I'm sure everyone will be fine. :)
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #4 
Torla

Sounds a lot like my gang. Romeo chased them a little, but cories are too quick for bettas. Now he leaves them alone mostly. The cories rest during the day -- I believe they're nocturnal. Mine will also hang out on the bottom of the tank when they're not actively browsing the substrate and decor for delicious noms. :)
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote