Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #11 
dr2b

Haha yeah it is so cute! He was stressed at first, but now he is pretty happy.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #12 
Vikki81207

Hmmm. The only fish of mine who doesn't hide is Fishy. I have a huge shell thing in his tank and I don't think he's ever been in it. Merlin goes in his little colorful cave thing, Blue goes in his skull cup everyonce in a while, and Aqua has shells in her tank she hides behind...
Anyways, it is cute when they dart out at you.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I think the castle or bridge idea is great! I just got Flair a rock cave yesterday - and I think he has made a game out of it. He'll go inside his cave to rest and then when you walk up to the tank or walk by it he shoots out like he was shot from a canon and gets excited.

I have one in a 2 gallon with my giant plakat and he LOVES it. He sleeps in it too :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #14 
ifish

i am so sorry i hope he gets better soon
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #15 
BBgirl

Thumbs up Great News

Rusty is fine now. I was probably just overly paranoid after losing 3 Jessie's in 2 weeks.

Rusty is enjoying his tank and I did get him a barrel decoration he could swim in and out of but he doesn't seem to care for it yet. He seems to prefer his silk plant.

We replaced Jessie with a beautiful crowntail and I talked the kiddo into naming it something (anything) beside Jessie so we now have a blue crowntail with red anal fins tips white. His name is Baby Tomato. lol I digress.

I picked out this one at Petco this time. He was brought home today because the one I picked out yesterday I didn't notice he was severely bloated until he was bought and I didn't have time to run him back. So I put him in the tank for the night and called Petco this morning and took him in to be looked at and sure enough he was pineconing and the bloat was bigger. He was still alive though so hopefully they started attempting to make him feel better.

BT(Baby Tomato) appears to be happy and healthy and seems to love his 2.65 gallon tank and swimming in the current where Rusty doesn't seem to care to go. The current is focused on one side of the tank and Rusty prefers the calm side where BT doesn't seem to care and his filter although it is the same size is adjusted a little higher than Rusty's but he likes his barrels more than his silk plant. He was put in the tank with the barrels and plant though where I just added the barrels to Rusty's tank so he is still exploring the new piece.

Right now it appears that everyone is happy and well!

Thank you all for your comments and support!
BBgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so glad that Rusty is doing well. BT sounds cute. Rusty may start using the barrel when he gets used to it. I hope everything goes well for you and your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #17 
dr2b

Glad Rusty is doing better and I hope everything is ok with BT!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote