Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #1 
BettaSquirt

Thumbs down It was so sad! So unnessesary.

Okay. So me and my mom and my friend, Katelyn, were at walmart today. Me and Kate wet to go look at the fish section while my mom got some stuff for home. Anyhoo, we went to go look at the fish and i saw the bettafish. They were all reallly cute. There was a fish person there that of course worked at walmart, and he was helping some lady get a guppy. And there was a crab in there, and he wasnt moving much. And the guy was talking to the lady and was like"...I dont know whats wrong with it, i dont know anything about these." and i was like... dude!!!!! if you work in the fish section, learn about the fish!!!!! so anyway, he saw a betta that was in his cup, and sadly, dead. So he took his cup, and dumped him in one of the fish tanks with like big fish and puffers in it. I got soo mad. For the rest of the time we were there i gave him dirty looks, and when we were by the fishes i was right behind them and i said quietly.. " thats so mean!" and he turned around and said "are you girls getting fish?" and i didnt even look at him and replied "no." and i said it non caringly.
I Say we boycott! :)
and thats the end of the story..
wow that dude was STUPID! AND ITS UNESSASARY!
i know some people may think, "well it was already dead!"
well he desearves not to be eaten. Poor guy. He lived his whole life in a cup, and dies in it. i hate it when people put them in small cups.
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #2 
fishyinpa

Yeah i hate that too. I was at a lps and saw this guy throw in a very weak male betta into a tank full of tetras. The tetras were tearing the poor thing apart!! I said something to him,he gave me this look like,w/e. But he scooped the betta out and put it in an empty tank,but Im sure soon as i left he put it back with the killer tetras.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #3 
ifish

we should start an angry mod on the internet make a mob and ill fly in on my parents privat jet and well get them shut down like i did to the pet store in my neibour hood had bettas in platic ziplockj bags all dead and sold them and snake food and stuff
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #4 
fishyinpa

Yeah,somehow get these places who treat fish (and other animals as well) horribly shut down or not allowed to sell any!! Course it prolly will never happen though.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #5 
kibafang90

YOUR NOT ALONE! people like that MAKE ME SICK! maybe he will come back as a betta in his second life....and have to live in a tiny cup!
kibafang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #6 
ifish

i can make it happen
Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Similar thing happened to me yesterday: Me and my best friend Colton were walkin and decided to go to walmart. We saw the bettas and a few had bacterial infections and there were hardly any fish in the tanks that were alive. >:[

We got mad and went to PetsMart across the street and their bettas were SO much better than walmarts. We saw a lot of CTs we wanted but remebered we didn't have money. I think I gave him the betta diseae ;)

But ya walmart should be sued for animal cruelty...
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #8 
ifish

i can make alot happen my parents are rich and my parents love animal
Old 07-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #9 
cottoncandygirl

OMG
yeah that was sooo mean but you rocked the way you treated the fish(not) guy
I think I would have done just the same thing! i HATE walmart people they are soo THEY DONT CARE ABOUT POOR FISH
a friend once told me that she was a walmart and there was a guppy in the ground ALMOST dead then she told that to one of the fish guys and he was like.. um.... well hell die soon. The best part was that she almost screamed POOR fish as she grabbed it and put it with the other LOL then when it started swiming she screamed YAY ALIVE
lol end of the story :D
cottoncandygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish View Post
i can make alot happen my parents are rich and my parents love animal
We could try to educate them on proper betta care. Heres a good article: http://www.wikihow.com/Help-Pet-Shop-Bettas
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote