Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #11 
ifish

yeah but i think only amrican walmarts sell fish because the onse in my province dont
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #12 
doggyhog

UGH!!!! How horrid. Sometime, Im going to go stand in the fish aisle all day at Walmart, and tell people how to actually take care of their fish.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #13 
ifish

i did that at nature even tho they gve to prety good advice there just to be surtain i go there and i gave the boss an ar full that whenever one of the staff see me they run in fear of my disgutest that how bad there tanks are oh and i forced them into putting each betta in a 1 gallon intill its sold
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #14 
BakaMandy

Urgh... I know ): I've been to pet stores that are just as bad! There's this one in the same mall that I work in, and none of the employees know much about the animals they sell, even the shop owner.

They were keeping like 6 female bettas in a tiny fish bowl. ): The bigger ones were picking on the smaller ones... I managed to save one and I'm going to give her a big awesome tank of freedom.

I feel bad for supporting such careless places, even if I like saving the life that's there. I wish I knew of some decent aquarium stores that are really accessible to me... The ones I know are so far and in weird places that I'd need a car to reach.

But yeah, it's sad how people belittle life in all its forms.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #15 
BettaSquirt

We should do at least something about their fish abusing
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #16 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
UGH!!!! How horrid. Sometime, Im going to go stand in the fish aisle all day at Walmart, and tell people how to actually take care of their fish.
I do that too. Sometimes that's all we can do.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #17 
dwell4of5

aww.. thats soo sad i just hate it when im looking at the bettas and see most of them dying and then see the walmart people just standing around doing nothing i mean come on they can at least give it some meds
dwell4of5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #18 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwell4of5 View Post
aww.. thats soo sad i just hate it when im looking at the bettas and see most of them dying and then see the walmart people just standing around doing nothing i mean come on they can at least give it some meds
And when some people look at them they throw them around and stress them out...thus killing them more.

My Walmart pushes a lot of bettas to the back (ones that are alive) so me and my best friend (who you wouldn't think would care so much about animals but he does) stack the cups in twos so people can buy one and have a chance to their colors and find one they like.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #19 
Cody

Uhhh... why are you guys going to Walmart in the first place? Bad fish, bad items, cheap everything.

To the original poster - I don't want to sound mean, or be the bearer of bad news, but that condition will never change. No matter what. I've seen too many of these complaints, and that is all they are. To the employees, we are just another customer to suck into buying stuff.

And guys... stop "saving" these bettas. If you want to help the cause, you wont buy them. They are looking for sales. Sales of bettas will make them sell and then purchase more bettas.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #20 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
Uhhh... why are you guys going to Walmart in the first place? Bad fish, bad items, cheap everything.

To the original poster - I don't want to sound mean, or be the bearer of bad news, but that condition will never change. No matter what. I've seen too many of these complaints, and that is all they are. To the employees, we are just another customer to suck into buying stuff.

And guys... stop "saving" these bettas. If you want to help the cause, you wont buy them. They are looking for sales. Sales of bettas will make them sell and then purchase more bettas.
Me and my friend are always in walmart (IDK why, he's weird). But I can't help but look at the fish.

I've only bought three fish from walmart: 2 mustard gas ones and one wild looking female (died of dropsy).

If we stop "saving" them, hundreds of fish will die. Sure hundreds of fish die there all the time but giving one or two a good home is better than letting them die.