Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #11 
Graceful

Remember than you can trim the anacharis and plant the trimmings! Mine has tripled from this.
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #12 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful View Post
Remember than you can trim the anacharis and plant the trimmings! Mine has tripled from this.
I think I may have to! Two are already at the top of the tank and another two are getting very close. My wisteria is getting huge too.
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #13 
Studiobuddy

what is meant by the anacharis melting period? I just bout a few a week ago as well, they are abit yellowish brown near the base, that is they way they were when I got them. Should I cut that part off, or will it harm them?

Hope it's o.k. to ask, sorry ashleylyn if I am interrupting on your thread. I hope I have as good of luck with it as you :)
Studiobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #14 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiobuddy View Post
what is meant by the anacharis melting period? I just bout a few a week ago as well, they are abit yellowish brown near the base, that is they way they were when I got them. Should I cut that part off, or will it harm them?

Hope it's o.k. to ask, sorry ashleylyn if I am interrupting on your thread. I hope I have as good of luck with it as you :)
No worries! Mine was like that too. The 'bad' pieces should just fall right off if you rub them a little. My stems were a little brownish and I was concerned, but I guess they really like my water because they perked right up. I did have some melting of stems, at the base where some of the plants were a bit more unhealthy, but the rest of the plant is thriving and the bad part is gone now. You could probably cut that off no problem. These things seem to grow like weeds. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #15 
Studiobuddy

Thanks ashleylyn! I'll try cutting off those parts and hope for the best :)
Studiobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #16 
JamieL

I just noticed the one sprig of anacharis I planted in my 5.5 seems to have gotten bigger overnight, too....I just looked at a picture I took maybe a week ago, maybe less, and it doubled!! The rest of the bunch I bought that's floating in the 10gallon isn't doing as well....maybe it's a combo of planting and the snail poopy in this tank! I want to try to propagate it, but I'm scared ill kill it.

But yeah, I can't believe it either. I just looked and I was like "waaaaaaait....since when does that plant reach the surface??"
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote