Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #61 
WhitneyLin

He eats some flakes. He was never as eager for them as he seemed to be for the pellets. He really does go for the pellets, even though he spits them out. But i'll try it in the morning. :)
WhitneyLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #62 
WhitneyLin

Got Ty sitting in his bag in the tank. He is quite upset with me. He keeps trying to swim for his plant. Poor baby. Im gonna hate these next few hours that he has to sit in the bag while I slowly add the little bit of new water in his bag.

Though I havent gotten to examine him this closely in a while. His changing cup isnt see through. Takin the time to closely examine him, especially his fins since hes flaring a bit.

Also kept out his gravel, except for enough to hold up his plant. Then I can make sure he is eating his Omega One pellets.

Last edited by WhitneyLin; 08-31-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #63 
WhitneyLin

Ty is in his tank(sadly not the 2.5 gallon yet) with the new mixed water and seems to be doing well. He is all over exploring (as I moved his plant and left out some of the gravel so I could make sure he is eating the pellets).

The heater should come on tuesday (Darn holiday falling on monday so I wont get it sooner >:/

IF there are any more problems/questions i'll start a new topic.

I just want to thank you all again for the help! I would be so terribly lost if you guys werent here. You all are life savers! THANK YOU!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #64 
ANHEL123

I am glad he is doing well. So what are you using tap and distilled water or spring and distilled?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #65 
WhitneyLin

tap and distilled.

I was reading up on betta fish diseases (bad idea) and got the bright idea to shine the flashlight on him. He has some deep red on top of his head that I didnt notice before. I am going to take his tank down, take the cover off, and attempt to maybe get pictures. As I read that velvet can also be rust colored, not just gold.

I really hope he is just coloring differently and I didnt notice before since I never able to get a closer look at his head under a bright bright light like the flashlight.

Until he's really eating I guess im gonna be slightly paranoid.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #66 
ANHEL123

Make a picture. We can compare the picture to the one that you posted on 8/29 post #11.
Also if he would have velvet that is one kind of external parasites, he will develop more symptoms like darting, scratching his body on objects, clamped fins
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #67 
WhitneyLin

Took a TON! of pictures. For some reason he was a really good today and sat more still. So be prepared for a couple of image heavy posts. Took my flashlight and put him directly under a really good lighted lamp (so maybe it was the lack of needing flash that made him a better picture taker today)

I gotta transfer them quick off of my phone.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #68 
WhitneyLin

First I got a few body shots. Not sure if he looks too much different there, but maybe to someone who isnt staring at him trying to find something wrong like I am will see something I wont.

No light but the lamp and then the second and third I have the flashlight pointed at him.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #69 
WhitneyLin

Okay by ton I meant 10. Ignore any slight reflection. We have a white doily under our lamp and I forgot to remove it before taking the pics.

Head shots of various angles. I do have a few more.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #70 
WhitneyLin

I was trying to browse the internet to find good pictues of what velvet looks like...but couldnt find any good ones, especially on blue betta.

May post in the diseases sections since I see you are offline.
Attached Images

Last edited by WhitneyLin; 08-31-2013 at 10:59 PM.