Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Question When do you remove a fish from a sorority for healing fins?

I was a little worried about putting my veiltail Chablis in the sorority because she has lots of fins that can get messed up. She has split fins and they are bit ragged. Another fish Daphne (another spade veiltail) has a small rectangular section missing on her dorsal. Clarice has a split from flaring too much. Aside from these 3 the other 15 are fine. Do I need to isolate them in the tank to allow them to heal?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

I would not remove these three females based on what you have posted. Even in established sororities you will get minor fin damage from time to time as bettas are naturally aggressive and this kind of behaviour is normal for them.

If your females are being fed on a good quality, high-protein diet and the water parameters are stable, I see no reason to remove them as they will heal up. Probably a lot more quickly than you would think.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

They get good quality food I am feeding liberally twice a day to be sure no one is hungry. The water parameters are perfect I just tested today. However, one of the fish I described has more fin nips that I originally described ( I walked over to the tank). Is the a point where there will likely be less fin nipping?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote