Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 
ashleylyn

Breeders: Looking to buy female(s)

My boyfriend was so kind and bought me a beautiful female HMPK (my favorite!) off E-bay. The seller was kind and sent a free male as well, which made me so happy! But alas, they arrived today in tiny bags with hardly ANY oxygen, decaying, and smelling horribly. He only offered priority shipping and we did the DOA guarantee, but my boyfriend is trying to get his money back because we don't really want to do business with someone like that again. He shipped from Texas Tuesday, they arrived here in NJ Friday in that horrible condition.. It could've been an accident, but still.. I hate to see fish like that. My mom was even heartbroken and called it animal abuse.

So that said, I'm looking to buy a female or two from one of you guys - people I know care about your fish and raise quality spawns! HMPKs are my absolute favorite. Please post her or message me if you have a link or photos of what you have available. I was hoping to have them here already so I could get them situated before dealing with college work again, but I guess that won't happen now. :(
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #2 
shannonpwns

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that your fish didn't arrive well! I guess I got lucky that my 3 arrived fine from him. :(

He is selling some females here:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....=4#post2895697

Last edited by shannonpwns; 08-30-2013 at 02:51 PM.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #3 
ashleylyn

I'm so sad, I ran to the door so happily only to open the box and find that. :( They really hardly had any oxygen so I wonder if that's what did it. The little bag was nearly entirely filled, with just a small space with air. :(
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #4 
Aluka

are they breather bags? Because thats how breather bags works. All water no air, because the bags has a special membrane that only allows for co2 to exit and o2 to enter.
Aluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #5 
ashleylyn

Hm maybe. Here's what I got. I don't know what happened, but I think I'd rather do business with people here. :)
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #6 
fishkid

Yeah those definitely aren't breeder bags. Sorry to hear you had to deal with this; most online sellers are reputable. I always make sure to check the feedback before buying.

I got a batch of males from Chard56 on aquabid earlier this month via priority mail and was very pleased. They were packed very well with no DOAs, and the fish were active in their tank within minutes of being put in. When checking out his ab page I saw a lot of females listed so you may want to have a look.

Honestly priority mail is fine for most smaller fish as long as they're packed well.

Last edited by fishkid; 08-30-2013 at 03:42 PM.
fishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #7 
ashleylyn

This guy had good feedback, which is why I'm quite surprised. He refunded my boyfriend the money and even half of shipping, which was nice. I was so ready to give them great homes! But to think of how they suffered hurts me. :( They're living beings, not something you have a right to neglect. At least the seller was understanding. He was going to send a new one and pay for shipping himself, but I don't want to see more end up like that. *sigh* Maybe I love and care about animals too much!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #8 
shannonpwns

You should have taken the deal, just explain to him about the water...like I said, mine arrived alive from him, so it must have just been a freak accident on his part. :/

But like fishkid mentioned, Chard56 has some nice fish, I've gotten 2 little females from him and they are gorgeous! And he has reasonable prices too. :)
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #9 
ashleylyn

It's okay, she was the female I really wanted. The others he had listed I wasn't as crazy about so I'd rather start fresh, ya know? I'm in contact with a couple of breeders now. Still haven't settled on a fish though, I'll have my bf help me pick one out probably tomorrow :)
Old 08-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #10 
ashleylyn

Yay found a beautiful girl! Thanks guys :)