Kay here I go:
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
---> 2.5 gallons
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
---> about a week
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
---> 1 female betta
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
---> 80F ~ 82F
7. What make/model filter are you using?
---> Hagen Elite Mini Submersible Filter (58gph) on lowest setting
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
---> not directly. It's on my room's desk but the window is no where near. My room gets natural light though.
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
---> 3 days ago. 100% water change/cleaning. White slimy/fuzzy stuff was growing on the bottom of my tank so I had to clean that out.
11. How often do you perform water changes?
---> 20% at least once a week (with all my tanks 2.5gallons+)
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
---> Hikari betta pellets and freeze dried mix of red shrimp, krill and mysis shrimp
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
---> None. I can't find a top light for a 2.5 gallon tank :[ (and I'm a bit low on money)
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
---> My female betta just started pooping out this white, flat, lumpy poop. I think it might be an internal parasite but I don't know. Here's a picture: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...u/CIMG3780.jpg
. I stupidly
put a small neon tetra in and she killed him. Does this have anything to do with the white poop? She might have eaten some of him ;_;
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
---> I tested for ammonia a few hours ago and it was 0. But then again, I just did a 100% water change... I don't have pH, nitrite or nitrate tests :/ It's expensive!
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
---> Test strips.
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
---> The female betta was just chilling in her cup like all the others. They usually aren't very active in there.
Please help :(
Yahoo answers did me nothing.